ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you be happy with this quote?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Allways look for new deals! My renewal price was £1100 fully comp this year i shopped around and got full comp £342!!!

Mate of mine that had a similar drop when he was 24 suddenly found out when he read the small print he was no longer insured 3rd party to drive other vehicles.
So definitely make sure you check its like for like cover.

Edition 30
Im knocking 40 now mate, I'd happily pay far more than that if it actually got me those results driving a particular car, lol

But I think you are missing the bit where my post was in jest.

In some people's cases though. It's all about the fast food car park 'scene' :(

ITB BG 182
Seriously shop around still, Im with Greenlight and never had a problem with them 5 ncb 8 year driving, ms50, 12 month ban, dangerous and driving without due care etc etc, red light, sp40 and some thing else on my license with all mods including ITB's declared and I pay £450 per year.

MS50, TS10, SP40 all come off my license this year, been quoted that had it came off last year I would have been on £300-£350 ish.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
In a word... No. But I don't think there's a massive amount you can do about it.

I paid £750 for 6 months cover on my first car - no fronting, just me, a noob. It did however get me a years NCB at the end of 6 months for some reason...

I do love being old.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
My god, I can't believe how much insurance has increased in the 12 years i've been driving.

I've never paid more than about £800 per year for insurance, and that was when I was 20 driving a golf VR6. At 21 I had a Punto GT with lots of mods (all declared) and was paying sub £400 per year!

So, here I am, almost 30 and i'm paying £347. It's great to be old, but I still feel i'm being robbed paying the same as I did 8 years ago!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
My god, I can't believe how much insurance has increased in the 12 years i've been driving.

I've never paid more than about £800 per year for insurance, and that was when I was 20 driving a golf VR6. At 21 I had a Punto GT with lots of mods (all declared) and was paying sub £400 per year!

So, here I am, almost 30 and i'm paying £347. It's great to be old, but I still feel i'm being robbed paying the same as I did 8 years ago!

In the 3.5 years i have been driving insurance for 17 year olds has literally doubled.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
my postcodes MK43, Bedford area.

quietest area EVER.

Not the worst price I've heard of for similar, but a lot more than I'd have been prepared to pay at 19.

Stick with the 1.4 16v for at least another year IMO. I stuck with "cool" cars that were cheap to insure (beetle, mk1 golf, 1300cc crossflow engined kit car) until i was 20, then got a 205 GTI 1.9. Worth the wait IMO

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

I'm the same. £800 was always my limit before I got onto trade insurance. Cost me £730 a year for a 200sx aged 21 (lol, 12 years ago!!!!!!)

R26/200 Raider
Aged 38, Megane R26, £313 a year. The benefits of been old. Given the chance I would take my youth back and pay more insurance though!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Op where you live.. Great thing about living in the hills is I'm 22 3years no claims and paying 700 for my 200 raider. Not long got a multi car quote to insure my 172 and it's 1100 for both :)