ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you be happy with this quote?

Just got my insurance renewal, on my 1.4 16V 2004 Clio its £1908 a year or £169.80 a month, this is down from last years £244.18 a month.

I have 2 years no claims and one years driving experience with my mum as a named driver on the policy.

what d'ya think?? Cheers :D

That's quite a saving, but honestly I'd still shop around!

Also, try getting a new quote from your existing insurers, I can pretty much 100% guarantee it will be cheaper than your renewal!

Also just got a quote for a Clio 172 PH2, £266.00 a month from renewal date, think i might be moving on soon:cool:

Still s**t.

Sorry to be negative.

Ive tried Admiral,elephant, brentacre (ive got to wait 2 months untill im 19!!), direct link, co op, seems like ive tried everywhere!!

All of those quotes with others were STUPIDLY high.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
How do you have 2 years no claims bonus if you arent 19 for a couple of months?

Is it one of those accelerated schemes, if so I believe they dont transfer well to other insurers so that might be effecting you.

How old are you?

Ill be 19 in 2 Months. I know my age kills it :(

The insurance told me they have it on the system that ive been driving for 1 year and 2YNC, i was insured the day i turned 17, so technically i have been driving just under.

How do you have 2 years no claims bonus if you arent 19 for a couple of months?

Is it one of those accelerated schemes, if so I believe they dont transfer well to other insurers so that might be effecting you.

Admiral 10 month bonus?

That's a s**t price tbf

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
Try Aviva. 15 weeks free atm. Just renewed mine yesterday. 1.2 16v = £439, fully comp for a year. 2 years driving and 2 years no claims and I'm 19. Also I added my nan as an additional driver. :)

Last edited:
  Racing Blue 182
I'd shop around mate :) I'm 19 with 2 years no claims and 2 years driving and I'm paying £1600 for my 182 with Admiral.

Last edited:
  Black Sheep
Once you hit 24 , 25 its plain sailing. I run out in sep, got a couple of quotes as low as £329.00 at just turning 26 on a ph 2 172.

My advice as always is, front till your at least 20 - 21 with NO modifications.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Buy something more insurable. You'll realise in the long run this is the clever thing to do.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Buy something more insurable. You'll realise in the long run this is the clever thing to do.

Financially sound advice, but sometimes being young is just about enjoying yourself not satisfying your accoutant.
If he can afford it and enjoys it then go for it I reckon.

Its only a extra £30 a month from what im paying at the moment on my 1.4! so it IS affordable :). Thanks guys going to try avira :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Financially sound advice, but sometimes being young is just about enjoying yourself not satisfying your accoutant.
If he can afford it and enjoys it then go for it I reckon.

But he's not an amazing car. If he was driving a 182 or 172 I could maybe understand but what's the real difference between a nice cheap puddle jumper and a 1.4 Clio? Nothing except pissing insurance money up against the wall.

I just don't see how it makes sense at all.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's nearly £300 a month to insure a 10 year old Clio. Just think about that for a second.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's nearly £300 a month to insure a 10 year old Clio. Just think about that for a second.

On the other hand, its less than 300 quid a month to have the fastest car down mcdonalds, and at 19 that is worth at least 1K a month in blowjobs etc from the teenage girls hanging around impressed by such things.

Its good value really, lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah another spin on it! I sees your point. Sadly his mate will be pulling even dirtier birds by actually going out to the pub for a few beers, OP will not be able to afford that.

Lets add the price of the car and upkeep of a ten year old 172... Now who is baller?

On the other hand, its less than 300 quid a month to have the fastest car down mcdonalds, and at 19 that is worth at least 1K a month in blowjobs etc from the teenage girls hanging around impressed by such things.

Omg you basically KNOW everything!!! :lolup:

Your chums - Yo, Joshta n ting. Mandem, you need to get here quicksharp. The U19 Swedish Beach Volleyball team are here and they have just said damp they get when they see a Clio 172!!! Bare true

You - I am awfully sorry I am unable to attend this evening as I have to save up for a cambelt change. See you soon.

See?!

Although I got my 106 at 19. But that was 'only' £120 a month.

Edition 30

Nice theory Chip, but it just puts it all into perspective. If you're willing to pay the price for that reason then you're clearly a muppet.

Like Kev says, go down the pub and pull a bird without flashing your '10 year old Renault' ;)

Last edited:
Your chums - Yo, Joshta n ting. Mandem, you need to get here quicksharp. The U19 Swedish Beach Volleyball team are here and they have just said damp they get when they see a Clio 172!!! Bare true

You - I am awfully sorry I am unable to attend this evening as I have to save up for a cambelt change. See you soon.

See?!

Although I got my 106 at 19. But that was 'only' £120 a month.

made me lol :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice theory Chip, but it just puts it all into perspective. If you're willing to pay the price for that reason then you're clearly a muppet.

Im knocking 40 now mate, I'd happily pay far more than that if it actually got me those results driving a particular car, lol

But I think you are missing the bit where my post was in jest.

Just to be clear, i don't go out pulling in my 10 year old clio, i do it purely for myself because i love my car. :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just to be clear, i don't go out pulling in my 10 year old clio, i do it purely for myself because i love my car. :D

If you cant think of anything else that you would enjoy for 300 quid a month or whatever, and you can afford it and you dont want to save, then it makes perfect sense to me.

My motorbike I had when I was 17 cost me more than twice its purchase price to insure for a year, which sounds horrific value, but I couldnt have had anymore fun with that money at that age IMHO

I love my clio :), its a daily drive, good on fuel, as you said the fastest down McDonald's too:p! I work full time, and not being big headed but £300 a month on insurance for something i spend every other evening cleaning, is nothing. i did understand you chip :), and cheers.