ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you buy a refurbed laptop from pc world?

Audi A3
Was looking to get a laptop today, a new i5 processor, 4gb ram and 500 memory. Pre ordered online and got to the shop and it was an ex display model for exactly the same price!! No brand new ones in the area either. That was £449, found it refurbed fom pc world online for £300.

It's a packard bell ts11 040 uk, any thoughts?

WRX
In my experience PC World aftercare is non existent. Bought a laptop from them a couple of years ago, the power lead went after about two weeks and had to wait about a month for replacement, after going in the shop twice and getting refused a replacement out of a new one or even a spare they had in the workshop I eventually got sent two. Wouldn't dream of buying anything from them again.

I'd say yes.

If I didn't see PC World & Packard Bell in your post. Don't bother - it'll end up being more trouble than it's worth.

I thought Packard Bell stopped making computers years ago anyway because of their bad rep, and the fact they were bobbins. Seemingly not.

No. The other half bought a refurb'd laptop, it was ok for a few month, then started shutting down all the time...

They had it for about 2/3 weeks, gave it back as "sorted" - its never worked 100% since.

She uses her iPhone for internet browsing now.

Mk5 golf gti
refurbed are fine, ive had 3 Lol

my main pc is refurb too, save a fortune and its no different from new

BG 182FF
The only refurbished laptop id get would be an apple one, there customer care is outstanding. My mate had a 2 year old black plastic macbook, after a fault they couldnt figure out he ended up with a brand new 13" macbook pro. He did have the apple care extended warranty. If your after a Windows laptop id go for a Dell or Hp from their online store, or something from Amazon.

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
I wouldn't even buy an Apple product form PC World, Wouldn't go Dell either to be honest, much better laptops and company's out their ;)