ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would you go to view a 182 if

silver cup packed FF 182
it had 2 owners (1 private,1 renault dealer im guessing it were a salemans car or demo car) with 9200 miles on a 05plate fullfat.

fiesta turbo/Golf 1.8t
It may have been a pre-reg vechicle at the dealers.And may have done very little or no miles before it was sold.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
2 owners and less than 10k miles :eek: my god, id rather walk than look at a car with such a bad history.

ffs, view it, see if you like it then buy it

How many OWNERS has little bearing on the car. its how many DRIVERS its had is more important! but thats what you'll never know!!

cos lets face it.... One ad could read....

"Full fat 182 9200 miles, 2 owners, 23 drivers who ragged it to feck!! Good Condition etc etc"

like the other guy said... if you like it and it checks out.... buy it!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
andywright182 said:
2 owners and less than 10k miles :eek: my god, id rather walk than look at a car with such a bad history.

ffs, view it, see if you like it then buy it

^^^ I agree , nothing wrong with 2 owners , 1 being pre reg , sometimes they register em to make it look like a sale , boosts their sales figures, aslo could have been a demo which ain't bad either . Check out out , if it looks ok , you like it , knock him down a few hundred quid and buy it :)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I think your a bit niave if you don't go and view it just because its had 2 owners. No harm in looking.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Have a look mate, take it out..

Don't pay more than 8000-8250. I've just got an 05 182ff with 3500k 2 owners (one renault) for just over that.

Nez said:

Don't pay more than 8000-8250. I've just got an 05 182ff with 3500k 2 owners (one renault) for just over that.

Yah right! You won't get a 182 that cheap down south -

172 mk2...with clima
shaun_cliosport said:
it had 2 owners (1 private,1 renault dealer im guessing it were a salemans car or demo car) with 9200 miles on a 05plate fullfat.

Renault dealers pre-register cars to meet sales figures for a given period. Hence my Cup has two previous owners but the first was the dealer, so its only really had one.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest (and it didn't!).

Andy

Shhh
Im the 3rd owner of a 04 182. I bought it in 2004.... :)

Now, 1st owner was renault, 2nd was some guy who bought it then a 225, then moi....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nez said:

so if you paid over that, and yours has done 35k, the one he's looking at has done 9k and he should spend less????????????

silver cup packed FF 182
probably will go down and have a look today,found out that apparently "gary" from eastenders was the owner and only used to drive to the eastenders scene everyday and to the local golfcourse lol!

Number of owners shouldn't have any influence over your decision to buy. If I had have sold mine recently it would have gone to its 4th owner in just over two years and less than 20k miles (it was pre-registered, then a guy owned it for a year before trading in a Focus RS, then I've had it for a year so far), its immaculate though, just so happens to have had a few owners already.

Trailerparktrev has a good point though and its something often overlooked. Regional variations in prices can be significant, I've always found cars in general to be considerably more expensive in the South. What may be a little expensive up North can be a fairly good deal down here, but at the same time if you are willing to do a 600 mile round trip you could save yourself a fair bit.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
shaun_cliosport said:
probably will go down and have a look today,found out that apparently "gary" from eastenders was the owner and only used to drive to the eastenders scene everyday and to the local golfcourse lol!

Fcuk me ! Not " Gary " from Eastenders ?? Its gotta be worth at least a tenner more , lol ;)

Seriously , get your ass down and have a look , its not even loosened up yet :)

silver cup packed FF 182
am very tempted guys the person selling it is that steve coulter from all vehicles and ive heard alot of good things bout him so far!

silver cup packed FF 182
yeh i know just that this clio sounds cheap(ish) for the year than others ive seen around and its 35mile trip there to view the car if i did go.

RS Clio 182 Trophy
Who cares how many owners a car has had? As long as it has been looked after and all checks out ok there isn't a problem in my opinion.