ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you modify a 5dr?

Hey guys, been kinda creeping the forum the past few days almost. Not long signed up, however i've been taking glances at a few threads every so often. Seeing as i have a clio thought i'd join up to get a little more outta the forum, ask questions and try and contribute. That, and i LOVE looking at some of your fantastic cars on here! Makes me quite jealous :p

I currently own an 02, 1.2 16v Clio,5 door, his name is Dougal (Doogal) because of the numberplate. Several friends and family started saying it because of the plate so it just kinda stayed! Got to say i love 'im though :) First car too! Just wondering, would you guys modify a 5dr? Be it just change the bulbs, a bit of trim, this, that and all the rest, i would just like to know what you would do. Looking for some ideas! Nothing wrong with my car standard in my opinion, i think its great but i'd kinda like to make it a bit more personal for me!

Cheers guys! (Got a picture of Dougal for you's too...oh, and no cheeky comments about cleaning it! Rushed photo after work, hence the reason he's filthy :()
IMG-20120421-00250.jpg

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
You will get the usual idiots saying be different and do this and do that, but just do what you want.

I personally think it would be a waste of time modding it. Give it a good clean, put petrol in and drive. I'd save up for your next car, but it is personal preference. I had a bog standard 1.2 for 3 years and tbh I loved it. But when the day came to an upgrade, it was worth the wait.

Clio 1.2 16V
Think there quite a few people that have modified 5 doors on here and made em look pretty good. All iv done to mine is fit a RS grille and clear indicator bulbs which you could do for not much money and it does make a massive difference. Just enjoy driving it :) and make sure everything is serviced on time.

Listerine & Poledo
Take the money you would spend on mods.

then put it into a limited-access savings account instead.

When the time comes that you change your car, you'll then have an amount of money to go towards it, as opposed to a load of value-lowering additions to your current chariot.

Mind, saying that, if you were to stick some renault wheels on it, maybe colour-code the bump strips etc. that wouldn't be bad and probably not a bank-breaker.

330i. E30 Touring.
Take the money you would spend on mods.

then put it into a limited-access savings account instead.

When the time comes that you change your car, you'll then have an amount of money to go towards it, as opposed to a load of value-lowering additions to your current chariot.

Mind, saying that, if you were to stick some renault wheels on it, maybe colour-code the bump strips etc. that wouldn't be bad and probably not a bank-breaker.

I don't normally agree with you but this is spot on.

I would just get a RS grill, lowered and some decent alloys.

Come time to sell put it all back to standard then sell the parts on.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Subtle, cheap and not related to performance. Don't spend all your money ;)

People have modded pretty much every clio, even those hideous saloon versions.

FIXET-52.jpg

Clio 182
Everyone has pretty much summed it up. Just keep it clean and serviced and save the rest for your next car. But its up to you at the end of the day :)

Thanks guys, wasnt thinking of any modifications technically/engine wise etc. The only thing im going to do is get some alloys, colour code is and an RS grill..Got to admit, for the money for the RS grill it makes the car look so much better at the front!!

work for BMW
I have a 1.2 and just put a RS grill, cup spoiler and some springs on, i have only spent about £200 and it looks miles better . I'm going to hopefully have the car a while and I wanted to be able to look at it and think I love my car ! Couldnt bare it as stanard.

Plus what's tO stop you selling the mods in a few years when you want a new car

BG 182
What I did was, speakers, alloys, springs and an exhaust. Didn't break the bank and looks/sounds good. still goes slowly but thats a 1.2 :p

320d
There is a guy on here who made a 182 Rep out of a 5 door. Ended up getting the 182 conversion with ITB's and cams. Properly awesome car.