ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wouldn’t it be good if....

The Cliosport website could somehow get the 172 Cup on Topgear and get the stig to take it round the track and see what time it gets!! Maybe one of the moderators could send a letter in and see what sort of response we get? Just an idea

[Edited by cupking on 10 May 2004 at 11:11am]

Nissan R35 GT-R

Well the 182 has been round the track already.

It will be on in the next few weeks - that should be some indication.

Focus ST

It looks like theyre sending the 182 round the track later on in the series from the look of the video at the start of last nights show - and we all know how similar the cup and 182 are performance wise!;)

Frosty, just the man!! Just want to say quality car mate, you lucky B*****d!! my favorite! Id be more than willing for you to take me for a spin!! Any more pics of your car?

I saw the shot of the artic blue 182 (with racing stripes) flying round a corner last night. It looked pretty cool as one of the rear wheels was off the ground.

I wonder what Clarkson will say about it as well...... I suspect the track time might be pretty low down considering the competion its up against!

On an unrelated note - what do you guys think of the new Fiesta ST they were on about in last nights show? They said its only got 150bhp but it looked OK I thought....

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by cupking on 10 May 2004

Frosty, just the man!! Just want to say quality car mate, you lucky B*****d!! my favorite! Id be more than willing for you to take me for a spin!! Any more pics of your car?
Ah you mean the Noble? The one in my avatar is not mine - it belongs to the garage where the order has been placed - thats me sitting in it though. :D

The car doesnt actually arrive for another month :(

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Hes a guy in disguise on Top Gear who drives the cars around a track and they compare times in like a top 40 to give you an idea how they rate against each other. Last night he thrashed an Elise around and got a time faster than when he drove a 911 gt3 round.

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 10 May 2004

Ah you mean the Noble? The one in my avatar is not mine - it belongs to the garage where the order has been placed - thats me sitting in it though. :D

#

u still in the area frosty? or you moved?ill defo have to keep an eye out now.. lol

M140i/Orange 182

who is the stig?? my guess is Damon Hill

what does every1 else think?or does some1 know?

alledgedly(sp?)it is perry mccarthy, but he strenuosly denies it!personnaly, i reckopn its john cleland, if only for his ability to rag the nuts off anything he ever stepped into. did anyone ever c him in the carlton thundersaloon?

Its Perry Mc Carthy he is in the Telegraph newspaper over the weekend admitting it.

But there have been stand in stigs as Perry has been been racing round in F1 when the stig has been round the track

M140i/Orange 182

well ill have his job anyday!!! he must get paid a fair bob or too! but iam sure he doesnt think about the £££ just all the cars he drives!

lucky git!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the stigs identity was revealed in the autosport mag about 6 months ago. ill have a look to see if i can find it as i cant remember his name. think it was an ex touring car driver though.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by Dansta on 10 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 10 May 2004

#

u still in the area frosty? or you moved?ill defo have to keep an eye out now.. lol
Yes Im always around the old Croydon/Selsdon/Beckenham/Bromley way mate.

Forsty when did u get rid of ya Cup?

Seen some bloke round Purley and Wallington in a Noble, looks mint as hell - the bloke looks so young.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by Illusion on 11 May 2004

Forsty when did u get rid of ya Cup?

Seen some bloke round Purley and Wallington in a Noble, looks mint as hell - the bloke looks so young.
Ive still got the Clio mate.

The guy around Purley has a dark blue Noble. Its the 27th one made and has the 2.5 litre engine.

He is on very good terms with the factory though, and they have given him a significant power boost. He has the weight advantage of the 2.5 litre, and the power and ATB differential of the GTO-3R. Nice!