ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wow.. cool..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Just been fishing for insurance quotes.. decided to give sainsburys a try..

Was previously paying £800/year with 5 years NCD + Protected with Tesco. Now I just got a speeding ticket recently (no points yet) but thought I would do a quote to see how much its gonna go up :(

Much to my suprise I got a full quote from Sainsburys on the 172 with all kinds of ICE cover and stuff for.. wait for it...

wait for it...

£290 !!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I must be getting bloody old !! (I thought I was only 26 !)

:eek:

Thats about what a 1L fiat uno would cost me TPFT with 3yrs NCD and 3 tickets in past 5yrs from tesco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!

Are you sure that was for a 172, sainsburys site when I entered my reg came up with a 1.2 clio.

[Edited by black-cat on 27 May 2004 at 12:56pm]

Nissan Jewk

Quote: Originally posted by black-cat on 27 May 2004

Are you sure that was for a 172, sainsburys site when I entered my reg came up with a 1.2 clio.
i had the exact same thing

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I think you should ring them up.Im 32 with full ncb and my girlfriend is 26 also with full ncb.We have just insured the clio 3 months ago for£460.

If its any relevance weve also bought a honda civic 1.5 coupe for £1200 and we have insured this a daily runner 3rd party F&T.That was £290

I think yours is for a 1.2 not 172

ian:confused:

dk

911 GTS Cab

when I tried Sainsburys last year on my group 7 1.4 megane they told me that they wouldnt touch me as statistics have shown that my age with this type of performance car is a disaster, but im 27 with 3 yrs, no points!

I tried to argue with them but they wouldnt listen, said the car was too much of a performance car! Its a bloody 1.4, it does 0-60 in about 3 days, what the fu**?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Right checked it again, it does not reference what type of car it is at all during the entire process, whenever it refers to your car it just give the reg..

Hmm, I will try a few other places then see what quotes I get.. I had tried tesco again and got £600! without Protected.

You might have one of those 172s which come up as a 1.2 to them!

Put "I dont have the car yet" and then do a quote - itll let you chose then!

Nissan Jewk

dont enter your reg, go through the process of selecting your car and make sure you put 2.0L 16v

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Hmm, I think it must have been seeing it as a 1.2 lol.. why is that ? why are some 172s showing up as 1.2s ?

It is apparently ver common, what makes it even funnier is that my reg **02 *** comes up as a 1998 - 1999 1.2 Clio - a car that cannont legally have that number plate.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

my 1.4 8v always shows up as 1.4 16v.

its cos the Mk2 1.4 8v alize was only made in 1999 but mine got registered in jan 2000. such a pain cos some insrance companies will only quote me for a 16v engine. those 16v make 23bhp difference!

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 27 May 2004

Hmm, I think it must have been seeing it as a 1.2 lol.. why is that ? why are some 172s showing up as 1.2s ?
See.. heh.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 27 May 2004

written off and re-shelled into old dynamiques and authentiques - probably best not to mention it when you ever come to sell it! ;)