ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrapping a clio good or bad, whats your thoughts?

Milltek'd clio 182
i just want to be different im finding out a qoute tommorrow about wrapping a clio 182 in matt black, what do you think, good, bad, too chavvy, stay away, like to hear your thoughts?

thanks.:cool:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
5e0e0afd-ba2c-a17c.jpg

I'd do it looks ace

Milltek'd clio 182
marks easy, fair enough. i do like the stealth look tho, just soo tempting, even if i had my clio in pearlessant white, ummmmm...

172cup
Used to love it very much on BMWs.
bmw-m3-black-matte.jpg
very true about the paint job, its likely you gonna f**k it up once you decide to take it off.
Wrap lasts 3-5 years and you need at least 800 quid to get it done professionaly.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Used to love it very much on BMWs.
View attachment 56588
very true about the paint job, its likely you gonna f**k it up once you decide to take it off.
Wrap lasts 3-5 years and you need at least 800 quid to get it done professionaly.

That would definitely put me off. I bet it looks a right mess when the wrap starts to fail or age? What about stone chips too that would puncture the wrap revealing a totally different coloured car beneath it?

I like the idea, but in practice, I wouldn't be too sure.

D.

Milltek'd clio 182
well i just felt i ought to do something radical, as everyone plays things safe on this website so they dont get accused of being chavvy, i just want something that no one else has, hence my username lol. what about pearlescent white????carbon look?????

GTD, Lupo
That would definitely put me off. I bet it looks a right mess when the wrap starts to fail or age? What about stone chips too that would puncture the wrap revealing a totally different coloured car beneath it?

I like the idea, but in practice, I wouldn't be too sure.

D.

A bit like when paint chips off?? The wrap would be a lot cheaper to replace than to respray the front end. Wraps, even more so matt black wraps have been a bit over done and are very 2008. Do something different as they are starting to look a little cheap now.

Italian 3.2 V6
I'd go matt british racing green!

..As far as wraps come, matt black is most common and only looks good on some cars

Or if you want to be different on another level, get your car wrapped in a reflective wrap!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 182 arctic
Or if you want to be different on another level, get your car wrapped in a reflective wrap!

if he has thousands of pounds lurking about maybe.

if you want a wrap doing go for it. if you want a matt wrap, you should also get a matt laminate to go with it. most places that do wraps should offer this in with the price neway. it would be daft not to.
as for stone chips, a wrap with laminate will be very hardwearing and you wont see any stonechips for a long while. as for 3 - 5 years. nonsense. many companies offer warranties for 3 years against peeling etc. and manufacturers advertise the material at 10year durability for fading etc. certainly 3m.
how about realtree, i wrapped my bait boat in this the other day printed on 3m wrap.

IMG00062-20110430-1209.jpg

IMG00066-20110430-1218.jpg

IMG00064-20110430-1210.jpg

:D

21 Turbo
Matt British Racing Green would look like a mini tank lol

Although, Im tempted to paint my 21 in Primer Grey - size of that fooker it'll look like a battleship coming down t'road

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
well i just felt i ought to do something radical, as everyone plays things safe on this website so they dont get accused of being chavvy, i just want something that no one else has, hence my username lol. what about pearlescent white????carbon look?????

i just joined yesterday and noticed the same as you that everyone says cghavy to everything i think matt black looks cool mate and i think if you want it on your car then you should defo go for it :)

Milltek'd clio 182
cheers fella, i have been swayed off the idea now, as its quite an expensive investment, and also the fact that me and my missus are planning a wedding so the funding pot is zero.

mg zr
i wrap cars for a living and if you do not have it done in a laminate aswell it will mark (takes very little for matt to get f***Ed up) ,it will last 5-7 years minimum if done in a high grade vinyl and starting price is around 800 so more than what most people think and as also said if you have any damage on your paintwork you will see it in the vinyl