ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrecked my 1.2

1.4 Dynamique
Took a corner near me a little too fast with near-bald tyres in the wet the other week, this is the result.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Got a new black 1.4 dynamique from near birmingham for £1200, hoping to keep this one for a while :)

53 Clio's & counting
Fair play on being honest rather than blaming the usual diesel on road/leaves/alien abduction

glad you're ok, looked nasty

1.4 Dynamique
Haha to be fair I was concentrating on the UFO flying overhead at the time :cool: Was pretty concussed for the next couple of weeks, general confusion and the shock of wasting £2000 in a split second!

To be fair i was concentrating on the UFO flying overhead at the time :eek: was pretty concussed for the next couple of weeks, general confusion and the shock of wasting £2000!

Did you claim on insurance?

I paid £2600 for the Quiksilver i rolled when i was 17 and never claimed. That was a kick in the b****cks.

1.4 Dynamique
Haha yeah but theres only one way to learn a lesson, glad it was sooner rather than later when it could have been a more powerful/expensive car.

Nimbus Megane R26
nice to see someone being honest, fair play to you!!

Good effort on that car too! lucky to escape with no injury!

1.4 Dynamique
Did you claim on insurance?

I paid £2600 for the Quiksilver i rolled when i was 17 and never claimed. That was a kick in the b****cks.

Nahh, at 17 its not worth the insurance hike from telling them I'd crashed a few months into my first year haha

1.4 Dynamique
Nope, just rang them up and transferred the policy to my new car. Didnt even ask what happened to the old one :rasp: The local scrap yard have me £100 for it, really regret not taking the wheels off though, only just finished painting them.

1.4 Dynamique
I know, really wish I'd just took it back home and broke it. Inside was mostly still intact, not a single airbag deployed!

Trophy #387
I'm glad you're ok mate, rolling a car could end a lot worse for the driver that it did!

@DanFreeman - In the small print it says you do have to tell them yeh, but that's so they can hike your prices!

Black 172
Umm, is that a beer can next to the wrecked car in pics 1 and 2? :) :) it would explain alot :D

In pic 1, when looking at the road, you can see telltale rainbow lines from fuel on the road, was that from your car? Maybe you actually did slip on diesel and not realise!

1.4 Dynamique
Haha the beer can was already on the road, although i can see your point haha :D

The fuel probably was form the car, Id only just filled up £70 :(

Haha im aslo surprised I've not got slated for this, I mean its a nasty crash but the fault was entirely mine

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols!

Good effort to be fair and major kudos for the honesty. Well played mate.

Hopefully that's it out your system and lesson learnt mate. I'm sure a few on here have done it.

Well, at least you did it properly and had a real man's crash!

As others have said, well done for being honest about it. Noobs take note, CS will only tear you to shreds if you try to blame anything other than your own poor judgement/lack of concentration/crap driving.

Last edited:
  Focus
Change for someone to actually take the blame as mentioned, as long as you're OK metal is replaceable!

Jap Box
Good effort, thats how my black clio ended up too, bummer looking at the car upside down when your next to it aint it :rasp:

Least you got out ok though, clio's seem to hold up well in crashes to be fair, rolled mine like you and the shell looks to have the same damage as mine did, I got out with a bruise on my hip from hitting the seatbelt and a sore nose where my head hit the wheel.

Nahh, at 17 its not worth the insurance hike from telling them I'd crashed a few months into my first year haha

That's not true btw, I crashed twice 3 years ago, I checked confused.com and without the crashes it only saves me 100 quid on a sport. Insurance is fcuked now adays.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I killed my first Clio like this. Except it was dark and wet and I hadn't slept in 48 hours. Lesson learnt, I swapped to a 1.4 16v too. Farrr better engine.