ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrong driveshaft?

impreza wagon S2000
Ordered a replacement n/s driveshaft from Eurocarparts...using my registration (cup packed 182), and they have sent me this;

20140211_163612.jpg

20140211_163622.jpg

Clearly ABS is half the size and outer CV boot is smaller...have they made a mistake or have I fooked up and should have gone genuine Renault?

Cheers,
Ian

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Not a Q drive piece of sh*t by any chance?

I wouldn't buy anything other than bulbs & cleaning stuff from ECP. Utter crap

Go genuine Renault. IIRC motor factor ones don't last very long as there are a few different lengths of shafts.

Genuine ones are quite well priced to be honest.

impreza wagon S2000
Thanks for the replies chaps :D

Didn't notice a Q drive sticker on it...will looktonight, its from Eurocar parts and I think they use various suppliers.

I replaced the inner Cv with a genuine jobbie at the cost of £46 and it failed a few weeks later...I did originally order a refurbed from my local stealer; hegot it in and it was completely different to mine...then he told me they no-longer offer refurbed driveshafts because vibrations can set off airbags;£280 for a new one is the only option WTF?!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the rpelaies chaps :D

Didn't notice a Q drive sticker on it...will looktonight, its from Eurocar parts and I think they use various suppliers.

I replaced the inner Cv with a genuine jobbie at the cost of £46 and it faileda few weeks later...I did originally order a refurbed from my local stealer; hegot it in and it was completely different to mine...then he told me theyno-longer offer refurbed driveshafts because vibrations can set off airbags;£280 for a new one is the only option WTF?!

Speak to Adam @ Renault Wolvs who's a trader on here. ECP do use different suppliers but their research is terrible. Pretty bad reputation in the trade, but very cheap which is why people use them.

impreza wagon S2000
Speak to Adam @ Renault Wolvs who's a trader on here. ECP do use different suppliers but their research is terrible. Pretty bad reputation in the trade, but very cheap which is why people use them.

I do normally buy stuff from Adam but as this is a swap out part I need to return the goosed driveshaft to him which is a pita as I'm in Essex and postage is gonna be a killer :(

impreza wagon S2000
Adam is off but ordered a refurb, hopfully with me Saturday...I have a refund code for the ECP 5hite.

Muchas Gracias for advice gents :)