ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrong size clamp or wrong everything

Hi guys, im trying to sort out a decat for my 1.2 16v clio, ive already got a 3" back box which sounds great, so i though id complete the system.
ive brought a decat pipe which says it will fit the original or aftermarket centre pipe, so i brought a new centre pipe as it would then all be stainless steel, i tried putting the 2 together but they dont fit, not even a little, after putting on a new clamp it fits but its very very loose, i can literally move it up, down, left and right but thanks to the clamp it wont come off, obviously this wont do as itll rattle and let fumes out

below are some pictures, is it a case of a need a smaller clamp? or am i missing something? thanks!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

I don't know anything about 1.2 exhausts , but looking at that pic the clamp looks too big . What size is it ? You probably need a 50mm clamp so each side of the clamp doesn't actually meet up when you tighten the nuts.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-Clio-Sport-Genuine-Centre-Exhaust-Clamp-50mm-7701458596-/271777362061?fits=Model:Clio&hash=item3f4731708d:g:9eEAAOxyOlhS-2sA

Thanks for the reply, I've just ordered it :)

Will take a while to get here though, will update once it's on

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Are you sure that you've got the right decat for your centre section ? In your first 2 pics it looks like it should mate up , but in your latest pic it doesn't look as if it will no matter what clamp you use .

Renault Clio 172
clamp still looks too big, take the decat to motosave they will give you the right size

Are you sure that you've got the right decat for your centre section ? In your first 2 pics it looks like it should mate up , but in your latest pic it doesn't look as if it will no matter what clamp you use .

I moved it slightly out the way to get a picture of the gap, they dont actually sit in each other thats the thing, i asked both sellers ( decat seller and centre pipe seller ) if they're made to fit the OEM parts, both said yes

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Obviously one of the sellers was wrong then. One of the parts would fit oem . Like I said , i have no idea about 1.2s but an exhaust is an exhaust and a clamp is a clamp. The only real way to tell would be take off your CAT and place it side by side with the decat and the new centre section then you'll know which part is incorrect.

Obviously one of the sellers was wrong then. One of the parts would fit oem . Like I said , i have no idea about 1.2s but an exhaust is an exhaust and a clamp is a clamp. The only real way to tell would be take off your CAT and place it side by side with the decat and the new centre section then you'll know which part is incorrect.

yeah for sure, ive got a spare cat which is at my mums, annoyingly... might have to pop down there on sunday and see