ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrote my clio off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
lift off oversteer is one of the best thing about these cars then powering back on mid corner! ;)

Pmsl! What has happened to this place.

I hasten to add that it must have been wet for you to slide that long into a kerb and spin. Therefore you must have pressing on in the wet.

I'm sorry but driving quick in the wet earns you the ultimate r****d award.

I'm not on a high horse here btw I love a good blast, in the dry. Doing the same in the wet is a lottery that usually doesn't end well. Actually makes me kinda angry.

Hopefully you've learned a seriously valuable lesson, if I didn't do the job I do, I no doubt would have had an accident in the wet or I may have grown up before I did.

Mk5 golf gti
if he powered on it wouldnt of happened.

to an extent any way Lol i doubt he would lie about admitting he lift off oversteered.

like i said, learn from it

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
Pmsl! What has happened to this place.

I hasten to add that it must have been wet for you to slide that long into a kerb and spin. Therefore you must have pressing on in the wet.

I'm sorry but driving quick in the wet earns you the ultimate r****d award.

I'm not on a high horse here btw I love a good blast, in the dry. Doing the same in the wet is a lottery that usually doesn't end well. Actually makes me kinda angry.

Hopefully you've learned a seriously valuable lesson, if I didn't do the job I do, I no doubt would have had an accident in the wet or I may have grown up before I did.

repairing other people mistakes ftw,.. ask the customer what he did wrong so you can do it right

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
repairing other people mistakes ftw,.. ask the customer what he did wrong so you can do it right

Also the fact I seen some poorly people come in to collect personal possesions from their blood stained wrecks. Not a nice sight.

Like I said no high horse just don't be stupid because you think your car can go just as fast in the wet as it does in the dry.

Driving too fast in the dry is bad enough but doing it in the wet is on another level of stupidity. It bothers me a lot.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Buy a ph1 16v and put the engine and everything in it.

Or, buy a cheap cup with engine failure for £1.5k and swap items over.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Also the fact I seen some poorly people come in to collect personal possesions from their blood stained wrecks. Not a nice sight.

Like I said no high horse just don't be stupid because you think your car can go just as fast in the wet as it does in the dry.

Driving too fast in the dry is bad enough but doing it in the wet is on another level of stupidity. It bothers me a lot.

Bit of an assumption to say it MUST have been wet to do what he did tbh without knowing the full facts....:nono:

RacingBlue + IceBurg
Bit of an assumption to say it MUST have been wet to do what he did tbh without knowing the full facts....:nono:

i got a mate who's dad has a recovery section in his lorry company... takes the wrecks back to his yard and has to leave them untouched for police to look at etc. saw a DB7 once that smashed up in the wet, white leather seats (caked in dried blood) and litterely bits of flesh stuck about the interior. the driver crashed and anouther veichle plowed into the side. puts anyone off driving like a dick 24/7

You're not going fast enough then lol! I've unwittingly done it in my 1.poo, going round a roundabout a bit too fast, felt like the car was going to understeer so stupidly let off the throttle, back end out...

I did it on track in my 1.2 :approve:

Nothing to be proud of tbh, just shows lack of experience. Never lift of mid corner!

Shame about the OP, but get some quotes, might just need a new rear beam and some bumpers :D

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
i got a mate who's dad has a recovery section in his lorry company... takes the wrecks back to his yard and has to leave them untouched for police to look at etc. saw a DB7 once that smashed up in the wet, white leather seats (caked in dried blood) and litterely bits of flesh stuck about the interior. the driver crashed and anouther veichle plowed into the side. puts anyone off driving like a dick 24/7

You don't have to be driving like a dick 24/7 to make an error of judgement and lets face it, none of us buy the sports to tootle around in all the time....
He's owned up to his mistake and it will cost him as well as teaching him. I'm sure a lot of us on here have done similar over the years. Just that most of the time we get away with it without incident!

At least no one else was involved and no one was hurt.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You don't have to be driving like a dick 24/7 to make an error of judgement and lets face it, none of us buy the sports to tootle around in all the time....
He's owned up to his mistake and it will cost him as well as teaching him. I'm sure a lot of us on here have done similar over the years. Just that most of the time we get away with it without incident!

At least no one else was involved and no one was hurt.

Error of judgement? By driving to fast?

That's not an error of judgement.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So you saying you've never driven a little too fast into a corner by mistake, FLOL.

Are you saying you can't judge the speed of a corner?

I can tell you i've never been out of shape mid corner. I've not got the talent to save it if I did.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Are you saying you can't judge the speed of a corner?

I can tell you i've never been out of shape mid corner. I've not got the talent to save it if I did.

Yes I can judge the speed of a corner but over the many years of driving I have gone into the odd one a little faster than I maybe should have. I think most people have tbh.

Your "holier-than-thou" attitude when ever a thread of this nature crops up is getting boring.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You following me around the forum is very flattering.

I'm just saying i've never ended up out of shape mid corner.

I'm not holy. Do as you wish. I couldn't give a f**k.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
You following me around the forum is very flattering.

I'm just saying i've never ended up out of shape mid corner.

I'm not holy. Do as you wish. I couldn't give a f**k.

It's hard not to come across some of your posts really. You only have to look at your post count to see that lol.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I'm with gally on this and I don't think he's been holier-than-thou, that's not a small driving mistake Stephen(?) has made. I appreciate he's said it was his fault and everything, but looking at the damage it looks as though he was really pressing on. I've made mistakes in my car but you can feel how much/how little grip you have, you should not be pushing your luck that much to produce the results above.

As for the lift off oversteer, I've never had even the slightest hint of that. I usually drive slow in to a corner and accelerate out, or maintain speed throughout the corner. Just have to read the road better or stop dicking about.

Nissan 350z
Its a plastic clio, not a tank so the wall/kerb will always win!

Seriously whats the problem here the guy has posted up a picture as a warning to what happens when you lift off over steer and now everyone is getting preachy. He already admits he cocked up, we are all human and make mistakes afterall so get over it and move on.

(if he crashed into someone else and then his lesson was at the expense of another then i wouldnt be so forgiving however)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I agree with real on this. I'm getting bored of the same chebs posting in this kind of thread all the time. The guy admitted his error and it's cost him. I don't thinks he needs a lecture from a load of keyboard warriors to tell him that.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If you never lift, you'll never crash. Wise words.
if_in_doubt_flat_out_mcrae_memorial_sticker_bumper_sticker-p128290186640334042trl0_400.jpg

edit: Didn't read the rest of the posts :(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
who cares if he was driving to fast, his cars wrecked and he walked away to tell the story, im sure he wont end up in this possition again!

only heros drive quick in the wet, its how you learn to drive!

Never above 25mpg
Unlucky, thats a mighty wreck. Id get a cheap 172 or 1.2 with engine problems and transplant if it was me.

Least you're ok though :) .

Audi A3
im sure 99% of us have made mistakes when driving.

lets get off the guys back, hes made a mistake could of blamed it on something else like oil or whatever and hasnt.

end of the day this poor guys wrecked his car and doesnt need slating for making a mistake, im sure hes learnt from it and doesnt need us added salt into the wounds.

id get the insurance money and maybe buy it back to fix/strip-sell on, or get the insurance money and start over.

MCS R56
im sure 99% of us have made mistakes when driving.

lets get off the guys back, hes made a mistake could of blamed it on something else like oil or whatever and hasnt.

end of the day this poor guys wrecked his car and doesnt need slating for making a mistake, im sure hes learnt from it and doesnt need us added salt into the wounds.

id get the insurance money and maybe buy it back to fix/strip-sell on, or get the insurance money and start over.

I'm sure the OP is gutted but laughing at some of these comments. I would be.

Seat Ibiza
Guys seriously, he's admitted he's done wrong, the poor hit has just spent loads of money now he's damaged his car.
At the end of the day there are far to many Peter perfects on here that have never done anything wrong.
Accidents happen, luckily I haven't had one yet, but I'm too scared of how much it will cost me if I do. But at least this guy has walked away unhurt and more importantly hasn't hurt anyone else.

I'm sure he's learnt his lesson!!

Want to drive fast, go on a couple of trackdays!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.570699,-3.656032

Nothing at the mo :(
All you guys going a bit in depth with these,, He crashed.. admited he was wrong...and just showing people what happens when you push a bit to far

So lay of a bit yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.