ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrote Off My 1.Poo :(

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Not got any pics atm too dark will get some tomorrow.

was heading to bowling at bout 7:30 tonight, doing 60-65 mph down my local bypass, going round a long right hand bend road covered in leaves stupidly i tapped the breaks a little which caused my brakes to lock up, so i slid into the grass, hit a verge car flew in the air bout 30-40 yards landed on the passenger side before rolling bout 5-6 times down the road and coming to a stop on the verge. Had a car full tht didnt help the situation either. had quick look over car and thers not a straight pannel left on the car.

Im fine jst neck muscle sprains, 1 mate hands are badly cut, one has bump on the head and neck muscle sprains, same for another and the lad in the middle came out worst with a broken collar bone, badly sprained wrist and cuts to his head...

dont know whats going to happen next going to police station next week for interview but chances are il be banned :(

Mark

Da

Less
Gutting, sounds nasty too!

Glad you're all (kinda) ok!

Weather is rubbish at the moment and roads are seriously slippy with all the leaves etc!

alien green rs133
s**t.....

banned for loosing control on slippy leaves? :S

i hope everyone makes a full recovery, and what ever happens every one makes mistakes

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Glad to hear everyone was able to walk away & not seriously hurt but I can't see how you'd get banned unless you're not telling us the full story :nono: as it sounds like an accident caused by inexperience :S

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Presume it was nsl

If so you wont get banned, like above just inexperience (not that i can say anything being only 19)

Glad everyone is ok, the car can be replaced!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
well from what the copper said he recons i could be looking at a ban with already having 3 points but will see guess...

S4 Avant
Wouldn't have thought you'd get banned, accidents aren't illegal last time I checked.

Bad luck with the leaves though, I've been having some lift off oversteer fun on roundabouts, but on corners that you're used to, wet leaves can catch you out at this time of year. They're about as slippy as ice.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
yeah, ma dad is basically in tears as his parents were killed in a car crash when he was my age, he aint totally fussed about the car as said it can be replaced...

prob just going to brake the car down, see what parts i can salvage..

also lost ma ipod so that prob in the ditch sumwer

172 with k-tec sound
Gutting, sounds nasty too!

Glad you're all (kinda) ok!

Weather is rubbish at the moment and roads are seriously slippy with all the leaves etc!

+1 daz, after our journey tday, but i 100% feel safe in ur capable hands, no worries fog , leaves, standing water ect, good to know someone with common sense n a great understanding of their car was a pleasure as allways daz despite the weather.

172 with k-tec sound
sorry to hear this mate, im allways gutted when these things happen, at least u all got out alive, it could have been far, far worse, the roads at this time of year can catch the best of us out, as for the ban, dont worry its going to be ok, lack of experience, plus no other car involved.. just glad u are all ok-ish. had an accident myself so i know what u r going thru, its not the nicest of experiences, but its like falling off a horse u just have to get back on lol. cars can be replaced human life cant;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
sorry to hear this mate, im allways gutted when these things happen, at least u all got out alive, it could have been far, far worse, the roads at this time of year can catch the best of us out, as for the ban, dont worry its going to be ok, lack of experience, plus no other car involved.. just glad u are all ok-ish. had an accident myself so i know what u r going thru, its not the nicest of experiences, but its like falling off a horse u just have to get back on lol. cars can be replaced human life cant;)

yeah its not the nicest of things, i always said my next accient would be a big one and it was... (My other crash was only a minor one.. sliding in car park and buckling alloy when hit a kerb) lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As already said, at least you're ok but this time of year always seperates the men from the boys..

I will get flamed for that comment but the fact of the matter is, unless you get hit by someone else you only have yourself to blame. At least you're still here to comment though, thats the main thing.

All the best.

ibiza cupra
what a s**t, at least you are all here to tell the tale and dont listern to the copper, he has probly just assumed that you were speeding because you are young and have a car full of mates. if you wernt doing anything wrong then nothing can happen to you as they will have no proof of anything. see it as a new start though and a new car that is a blank canvas, you were all very lucky

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
As already said, at least you're ok but this time of year always seperates the men from the boys..

I will get flamed for that comment but the fact of the matter is, unless you get hit by someone else you only have yourself to blame. At least you're still here to comment though, thats the main thing.

All the best.

Yeah i know what you mean and i take full resposability for the accident, i was just driving to harsh for the conditions and paid for it

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
what a s**t, at least you are all here to tell the tale and dont listern to the copper, he has probly just assumed that you were speeding because you are young and have a car full of mates. if you wernt doing anything wrong then nothing can happen to you as they will have no proof of anything. see it as a new start though and a new car that is a blank canvas, you were all very lucky

they guy sitting in the middle was luckiest as the roof folded at the rear as youl see from the pics when i get em up tomorrow.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
At least you've learnt and nobody was injured. (Much)

Worse things happen at sea!!

I just hope you learn from this mistake!

I did! I rolled a car 3 times bonnet to boot with 2 mates in the car about 12 years ago and got fucked! It made me realise cars are dangerous though so i'm glad I got caught before I killed some poor c**t!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
At least you've learnt and nobody was injured. (Much)

Worse things happen at sea!!

I just hope you learn from this mistake!

I did! I rolled a car 3 times bonnet to boot with 2 mates in the car about 12 years ago and got f**ked! It made me realise cars are dangerous though so i'm glad I got caught before I killed some poor c**t!

yeah am glad i got caught out at this time, ther was no other cars on the road which was lucky too, but iv learned wont be getting a new car for a while lol.

bit gutted tho as i was going to give it to my sister as her 17 birthday prezzy haha

172 with k-tec sound
yeah its not the nicest of things, i always said my next accient would be a big one and it was... (My other crash was only a minor one.. sliding in car park and buckling alloy when hit a kerb) lol

mine was while i was heading up a steep incline, with a blind bend, i was in my 1.2 going no more then 25 up hill, but the road was only wide enough for 1 car, suddenly from around the bend came an asian lad driving a golf gti, on his mobile, his speed roughly if i had to guess was 50-60mph, i braked and was stationary, but he never saw us untill too late , i just remember the bang, n the airbags deploying, worst thing was i had the wife n son in the car at the time, i will never forget their screams n it will haunt me forever, anyways turned out he was uninsured, i lost everything including the car n my insurance became silly priced as it was settled as a 50/50 claim, there was leaves and mud on the road, as it was late october/early november

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
mine was while i was heading up a steep incline, with a blind bend, i was in my 1.2 going no more then 25 up hill, but the road was only wide enough for 1 car, suddenly from around the bend came an asian lad driving a golf gti, on his mobile, his speed roughly if i had to guess was 50-60mph, i braked and was stationary, but he never saw us untill too late , i just remember the bang, n the airbags deploying, worst thing was i had the wife n son in the car at the time, i will never forget their screams n it will haunt me forever, anyways turned out he was uninsured, i lost everything including the car n my insurance became silly priced as it was settled as a 50/50 claim, there was leaves and mud on the road, as it was late october/early november

ouch thats really unlucky mate, i dont get anything from mine as im only 3rd party fire and theft :( so gonna make what i can by breaking what parts i can..

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Glad you're ok. But, being honest, your story smells sus. 'Tapping the brakes' causing a lock up and a massive accident?

172 with k-tec sound
sorry, upon reading my own post it almost sounds like my wife n son died, they were quite fine, just distraught and disorientated, i had the only injuries, to my right arm, the skin from it was hanging off , as i braced my hands on the wheel for impact, n it hit my arm.:eek:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Glad you're ok. But, being honest, your story smells sus. 'Tapping the brakes' causing a lock up and a massive accident?

well it wasnt tapping i pressed them as i usually do but i guess was to hard for the conditions tapped was first word in my head.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i know alot of people will prob say that alot more hapnd but that is the truth, bad conditions bad driving simple as that.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
i know alot of people will prob say that alot more hapnd but that is the truth, bad conditions bad driving simple as that.

Braking round corners and lifting off the throttle while cornering was your mistake there mate. Something one should always bear in mind especially at this time of year with shitty weather & road surfaces ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Braking round corners and lifting off the throttle while cornering was your mistake there mate. Something one should always bear in mind especially at this time of year with s**tty weather & road surfaces ;)

yeah i know, stupid school boy mistake but live and learn at least il have some cash for xmas now, rather than blowing it all on pertol! :rasp: