ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrote off the 197.......pics

Clio 172 RS2
Trile!

It' s only a Clio RS...
Glad you walked away unharmed.

I guess it's sinking in that the 197 is a write-off?

Take care man!

Renaultsport Clio 197
do u have to for the damage to the rail?

no, it's not nurburgring :cool:

@Ralph... don't know yet mate, we have different laws here. If the car can be repaired it can still be registered, driven and everhything. There is no cat-d (spelling?) here.
I doubt it'll be worth repairing though, cause even if I get it as good as new I can't sell it for a few pennies

Clio RS 197
OUCH!!! that looks a massive impact. Sorry to hear about that bud, and I hope you are okay as that's the main thing. :)

Renaultsport Clio 197
can anyone confirm if the front airbags should have deployed? the car hit with the front right side..where the headlamp is I think. I didn't hit the steering wheel or anything but still it was a 'frontal' impact ...

:S

500 Twinair
I thought the sensors for the front airbags were in the front bumper, around the middle of it, so only going off on full frontal impact. Could be wrong though.

Clio RS 197
yes thats true mate, a direct frontal impact would of sent them both off for sure, but as it was a side/front impact on drivers side if i remember you saying rightly the drivers airbag should of gone off tho mate. Could be wrong though dude.

Da

Less
The airbag computer will have detected the impact position and force and decided which airbags to deploy. As most of the impact appears to be side-on then I doubt very much that the front bags would have aided the situation at all.
From memory the side sensors are under the sill which will have taken far more of the force as you side swiped the guard rail.

All in my opinion of course, I'm no expert :)

Glad you're both ok, that's the main thing!

lucky escape pal, i rolled my 1st car (Quiksilver) such a s**t feeling being unable to do anything waiting for the bump, least your ok though cars only a lump of metal you can replace

oh and fair play for being honest

clio 182 + cup packs
dont all the air bags work off one internal G sensor in the air bag control box witch works out were the impact has come from then deploys the bags over there?

thats what ive been led to belive could be wrong

clio 172 cup
no, it's not nurburgring :cool:

@Ralph... don't know yet mate, we have different laws here. If the car can be repaired it can still be registered, driven and everhything. There is no cat-d (spelling?) here.
I doubt it'll be worth repairing though, cause even if I get it as good as new I can't sell it for a few pennies

lol but in england dont u have to pay for lamposts etc if u crash into them?

ITB'd MK1
can anyone confirm if the front airbags should have deployed? the car hit with the front right side..where the headlamp is I think. I didn't hit the steering wheel or anything but still it was a 'frontal' impact ...

:S

there's more to it than where it hit. it's all down to sensors around the car, and g-forces in specific directions. If they go off when not needed they can hurt, looks like the side impact airbags did their job well :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
shame buddy good to hear your ok tho, at least you did a proper job of it tho ;)

Renaultsport Clio 197
18.500 on some conti's? :eek:

Yes, it was your tyres.

I know... :dapprove:
But it was a stretch of road I knew well, it had new asphalt so it inspired 'confidence' to go faster ...completely forgot how bad my tyres were. Starting to come back to me now, the car just lost it. It's not like i got scared of the speed and lifted of mid corner...
Before that night I can't remember the last time I drove fast (at all).

Had to happen I guess. From day one I had a lot of issues with the car.
Was even thinking of selling it or swapping for a gti ed30 ... not happening now I guess.