ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WROTE OFF THE VALVER

120mph into the central reservation on the M4, i cant stop shaking, got a f**ked arm, face, etc

Lorry cut me up, i swevered and went straght into it............. valver is f**ked

door got basically ripped off, front wing ripped of, and rear arch complety f**ked.......

Cant stop crying. why me?

so sorry to hear it fella, main thing is your still ok! as they always say the car can be replaced, YOU cant!

mk2 172

sh*t sorry to hear that mate, but 120 mph, to be fair to him he probs dint think you were coming at him that fast, not slating you tho cos i can get silly at times.

i am assuming he pulled out as you were approaching

least you lived to tell the tale

for 120mph to come away walkin and wit minor injury find urself lucky for that!

but very sorry to hear that m8, glad ur ok!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Bad news Pal. Least ur out with minor injuries eh. Seems to be a lot of crashed lately! So it is completely fuked or do u just need a door and wing?

yep arm has felt better and this sexy window glass rass is looking good, need a new front arch, new door and rear wing basically, oh and bonnet

I can help you out with all apart from bonnet but thats only £75@ gordon lamb in chesterfield. I imagine from hitting the central reservation the impact would have been on the right hand side. My car has been wrote off and only has damage to the left side and guess what its monaco blue. Hopefully we can make one good car out of 2 scrappers lol.

Glad to hear your ok i was a bit shook up aswell, i must have sat there for about 2 mins wondering what the f**k had happened engine still running and radio still playing. Yours sounds a bit nastier but the shock is the same.

How much have they said it would take to repair mine is quoted at 6k so double the value. Email me and ill see if i can help you out.

sh*te Grant thats bad news not want yoou want to happen, glad you are ok but gutted about the car mate it was very tidy when i saw it last :(

Just prey that the police dont investigate it and find that you were exceeding the speed limit by a considerable ammout (plus wait until you get the bill for the damage to the central reservation, its around 1k per section they charge!!).

You are seriously lucky to walk away from that, it may slow you down but if it was a busy road then its your own fault (not saying i condone speed but there are times and places.....)

Atleast your ok which is what matters (but your insurance co wont be pleased with you and your premiums going to shoot up next year :()

Get well soon though

Tony

glad you got out of a high speeder ok. you havent told anyone important you were doing 120 have you?

what was a lorry doing in the outside lane anyway? find out if its one thats allowed to be there

Glad to hear youre OK. I trust we will see you at meets again soon with a new Valver? Hope it all goes well for you.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Oh dear....that valver looked pretty mint as well.

The parts dont seem that much of a problem but just hope the chassis isnt damaged.

Clio 1.6 16V

Bad news mate. Glad your still in one piece. As long as the B pillar (next to the door handle) is not damaged you should get away with just new panels. Even if they do write it off you should be able to buy it off them, source the bits and repair it. Im amazed that the alloys never got scuffed!

oh poo mate!

damage isnt major, and youll be able to sort it for just over a grand.....hopefully.

Glad your ok........

cya at combe!

I know the feeling having just dented your pride and joy, I decided to see how motorway barriers work about 5 weeks ago...

Mines an N reg williams 3, I notice yours is N reg aswell so thats a good sign. I got mine back on Thursday after 2900 quids worth of repairs... heres my damage list

bonnet, wing, 2 headlights, both bumpers, tailgate, rear light cluster, indicator, front cross member....

Yours doenst look anything like as extensive as that so Id say fingers crossed they will repair it.

Search around for the best quote you can get to keep the danger of them writing it off to a minimum.

I was thinking about getting some parts of here already painted in the right colour to keep the cost down... its an option if you are close to the writing off limit..

Good luck

clio williams, Ph1 172

f**k mate, sorry to hear about that. Will see what i can sort out for you mate. I have a door here, no glass in it though. just the basic shell with electrics in etc. not bad condition though. but youll need it paintin anyway id have thought if u have the wing and back wing done.

OH DEAR, hope your all better soon mate. Sad to hear about the car but remember its just a lump of metal at the end of the day!

Hope you get it back to its former glory.

glad to hear your ok matey.......but the car.......judging from the pics id say its gonna be a close one !!....they could write that off !!....if they do then you have first refusal on the salvage....so make sure you buy it....you could repair that quite cheaply.....but the insurance approved repairer has to use new genuine parts....& seein as a rear quarter is over £300.....a door is about £200......& bonnet £100.....wing £30.00....& glass is about £70.00 ( if not more....& all plus VAT)....then the labour......rear quarters are usually £500-£750 labour.....then the materials & labour for everything else....your looking close on £2000 worth of repairs there....

but if you had it done...i bet you could get the lot done with s/hand parts & repair the rear quarter & bonnet...get the lot done for under £750.00 !!.... sorted !!!

take a leaf out of my book Grant - i drive carefully, i have lots of no claims and i have a low premium. Touch wood, i carry on driving the way i do, that shouldnt alter. Glad youre ok though. Take it as a sign though - were not cats ;)

ps - before i get slated - the username is part of an ongoing joke - i dont mind some clios. Im a VW man, got a mk3 golf GTI Anniversary

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Glad to hear your alright mate,

not gonna say anything about the 120mph cause we all have silly moments, myself included.

I think you start to slow down when you get older, I used to drive like an Invincible loony.. now I reckon I am pretty safe driver, and leave my speeding to appropriate times/places.

*edit*

god I just read this post back, makes me sound like im 60 or something.. im 24 (25 in a couple months.)