ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTF BBQ

Pic 3, lol

img0787yg7.jpg

img0793ya4.jpg

img0801qm9.jpg

Turbos.
I saw on Ferrari Chat once someone asking about putting that engine into their 355! The Yanks obviously like home brew...

TBF maybe the guy destroyed his RX7 engine and this was a cheaper replacement. I'm not a fan of doing it but it must be stonking quick, and reliable to boot...

Exterior is lovely. If i was Malice i'd basically copy that!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's like replacing the highly-trained Astronauts in a space shuttle, with one huge, stupid Gorilla.

With pushrods.

Lionel Richie
the british were the first to put the LS1/LS2's into them to the best of my knowledge, yanks are just copying us!

Bet that thing feckin' moves. Not a huge fan of those front lights too, prefer the stupid old flippy ones :D

Audi TT
Love it but think I'd have kept the pop up lights and gone with knightsport twin optics in them :)

Yeah there's a couple on the mazdarotaryclub that have gone the big v8 route. Seems like could be a winner but I did love the rotary. But then V8 noise.....

Touch call really. :D

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I know a group of guys that'll do the conversion for £7k. Thier number is 01217 530415.

For a full 700bhp V8 conversion it costs £18k.

Bargain for what you get.

There's a Z3M done too.

ls3004.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
red one has cheep nasty s**tty ebay lights on it... why spend that much on the engine and f**k it up with them lights and rotas lol!

the v8 is a popular conversion i wouldnt do it, people who slate the w**kel clearly havent used one or know anything about them, they are stupidly simple and are ALOT of fun to drive! josh you keep with your 1.2 mate clearly u know f**k all anyway lol..

one reason i dont like the v8 swap is the fd is classed as a mid mount engine not front mount as the engine is behind the front wheels... its perfect 50 50 distribution! sticking that huuuuge lump of pig iron in the front really really plays with the way the car handles... v8 for straight line drags yeh, f**k yeh lol seen v8 fd's do wheelies... but for more fun i would go with a tripple rotar lump and f**k 7k for a ls1!! for 7k you could stick a quad rotor engine in the fd! 7k you could hit over 700bhp on a twin rotor! u could get 800 on a tripple rotor!!!

a periphial port tripple rotor with a biiiig turbo cos of the porting will still spin up stupidly early hardly any lag and your talking a 10sec 1/4 mile car!

the blue one is stock apart from the lights... its a 99spec front bumper and some re or feed lights... it needs skirts of some sort... apart from that its nice :)

Looks very plastic in the red tbh. I'm also not convinced on the offset on the front wheels on that pic, look too far out of the arch and not feeling the stance either. If I had an FD it would definately be running some stretch tuck and camber.

Audi TT
Awful car. From every angle.

WTF? Seriously?

I know everyone's entitled to opinions but I don't know anyone bar you who would describe the look of an RX-7 as awful.

The blue one as Malice says looks stock 99spec from the outside bar the Re-Amiya lights and removal of the larger 99spec wing.

I think the Red one has the shitty ebay lights because they were limited for space and the pop up mechanism needed to go in their install. Not a fan of them also and I believe most have the wrong beam pattern so are technically an MOT fail.

Not sure where you got prices from Malice but I thought a triple rotar let alone a quad would be over £7k fully built, balanced and tuned and then you'd be looking at similar weights to the LS1 V8 anyways. I was under the impression they don't actually weigh as much as you would suspect.

G

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok well still a pp twin is about 4k fresh full rebuild, with a t71 and other bits like injectors...

guy on fduk i was chatting to had a tripple rotor PP N/A made by pip 590bhp at the rear wheels 6.5k full rebuild...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
and there is a stupid power quad rotor built for 13k i think it was but still... if i could afford it a pp quad rotor with a HUGE truck turbo on it lol would be in my rex

Audi TT
Now that would be worth driving and triples sound immense :D

I miss mine so much but it was a money pit. Worked out it cost me £80 a week before I drove it! Single figure MPG meant that when I did drive it the costs rose considerably!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol i know your pain, last week i spent 230 quid on fuel and hardly did any miles lol! its sooooo much fun to drive though, noise they make is STUPID! im running decat and catback my mum can hear me 2 miles away lol! drove through a town the other night i was coasting along in gear as i passed some girls it just let off a god allmighty bang! they both screamed and dropped to the floor lol i stopped and said sorry

172 Race Car
Seen one at oulton park last year. iirc he uses it for time attack. Was done in matt black. Cant remember what engine it was but it was LS1 or LS2 or someting.

Didnt expect what I heard first time he drove by. went like a robbers dog down the straight

I know a group of guys that'll do the conversion for £7k. Thier number is 01217 530415.

For a full 700bhp V8 conversion it costs £18k.

Bargain for what you get.

There's a Z3M done too.

ls3004.jpg

I read the guys progress thread on the z3 forum, damn is all i have to say. The video of him first taking it out sounds crazy.

Monaro VXR
red one has cheep nasty s**tty ebay lights on it... why spend that much on the engine and f**k it up with them lights and rotas lol!

the v8 is a popular conversion i wouldnt do it, people who slate the w**kel clearly havent used one or know anything about them, they are stupidly simple and are ALOT of fun to drive! josh you keep with your 1.2 mate clearly u know f**k all anyway lol..

one reason i dont like the v8 swap is the fd is classed as a mid mount engine not front mount as the engine is behind the front wheels... its perfect 50 50 distribution! sticking that huuuuge lump of pig iron in the front really really plays with the way the car handles... v8 for straight line drags yeh, f**k yeh lol seen v8 fd's do wheelies... but for more fun i would go with a tripple rotar lump and f**k 7k for a ls1!! for 7k you could stick a quad rotor engine in the fd! 7k you could hit over 700bhp on a twin rotor! u could get 800 on a tripple rotor!!!

a periphial port tripple rotor with a biiiig turbo cos of the porting will still spin up stupidly early hardly any lag and your talking a 10sec 1/4 mile car!

the blue one is stock apart from the lights... its a 99spec front bumper and some re or feed lights... it needs skirts of some sort... apart from that its nice :)

Dont criticise others if you yourself don't know much about the LS7 block you're speculating about.

It isn't that much heavier than a 13B. A triple rotor block would actually be heavier than the LS7 V8. Also due to its compact size you can get it mounted quite far back so it does not upset the distribution very much at all.

The LS7 makes a lot of sense as a swap when you think about it. Don't compare it to the older Chevy blocks which are very heavy. The LS7 is rather different. Plus that torque would make it an ace car to drive. 470ft lbs at just over 4000rpm...and it revs to 7000rpm as standard. Well it is set at 7000rpm the actual block is good for 8000rpm. Just cams etc limit top end power so it was set to 7000rpm.

Oh and also it might only have 505hp...but standard Z06 vettes with 505hp have clocked high 10's in the quarter. And they are heavier than the RX7's.

I supposed the only negative is if you are a Jap purist. However the V8 makes sense. Especially in a street driven car. As the rotoaries aren't well known for their torque. Probably gets similar MPG too and uses less oil.

I always thought the rx-7 wankel engines where unreliable as hell also. The chevy blocks are common to get put in tvr's aswell.