ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 Marketplace demos available this week

Lee

BMW M2C
At last a list of what we can expect.

I'd better work out which nights I'm allowed to play now. If I start TDU downloading tonight and take the misses out, tomorrow I can play it.:eek:

Lee

BMW M2C
sneeks said:
Thankfully I'm single so I've no worries about when I can play these demos :)

I was when I got the 360, now I have to work on earning brownie points so I can spend time gaming. Luckily I get to play at work. lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
The TDU trailer is great, just finished watching it. I'll give that a try tonight or tomorrow depending on when it hits the Marketplace.

Wish I could play 360 at work.

ITR UKDC2
got to give it to them they came up with a great idea.......car & bikes with the ability to go round show rooms and test cars like in the real world.

hope there are no dumb ass sale people on your back as you go for a test drive in a 430 lol

Lee

BMW M2C
TDU demo is up as well as a load of trailers. Just getting the demo at work.

Servers are probably busy though so our fast line won't help. lol

Lee

BMW M2C
I had a quick blast before I left the office, just downloading it at home now. Coming down a lot slower than it did at work. I guess everyone else is getting it now they are back home.

dk

911 GTS Cab
ok, now got on live but its having none of dl'ing TDU, keeps losing connection so i am now downloading top spin, every man and his dog must be doing TD

Lee

BMW M2C
Mine just keeps locking up in TDU now. It was fine earlier, but it's suddenly gone flakey as hell.

Think I'll just get back to finishing Tomb Raider.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i ordered TR from Littlewoods direct about a month ago and it still hasn't turned up yet, when they said late May I thought they were being a little pessimistic but it seems like they knew what they were talking about!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm trying to download TDU now but the connection is also slow, must be a popular download tonight :D

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I have just played TDU and tbh I don't think its that good...

I don't know why?. I just don't like it. Which is a shame because I was looking forward to this game.

I will have a more indepth go on it tomorrow and see if it will change my mind?.

CTR EK9 turbo
Downloaded TDU and played it for about 3 minutes. Only managed 2 goes one in the exige and the other in the mustang. Both times it crashed/froze my system! anyone else have this problem?

Also, i've had problems (in GRAW) with glitchy/jolty game play in single player mode :( It was kinda jumpy.....Anyone else found this too?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Moto GP available now :) It's a huge 882.53MB download.

It's a online demo - 2 tracks, 1 street, 1 circuit and you race as Nicky Hayde

Lee

BMW M2C
TDU isn't due for release until September, the demo is probably a good 3 months old due to the MS submission process. I quite liked the demo, so I reckon the final game will be really good.

Mine was fine Simon, but once everyone else came online it started doing that all the time so I just gave up.

Dam it, I made sure I had a night to myself last night to play MGP and it's tonight, and now I have to go out. b****cks, I'll go download it in the other room and try it out here. Should take a few minutes on the line we have here.

Lee

BMW M2C
sneeks said:
Moto GP available now :) It's a huge 882.53MB download.

It's a online demo - 2 tracks, 1 street, 1 circuit and you race as Nicky Hayde

Have you downloaded it? Just had a look and it's not up until this evening at 5pm.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I didn't overly enjoy the TDU demo, it was more arcade style than sim. Moto GP will hopefully be excellent. Look forward to your comments Lee.

Lee it's in the Featured Downloads area now.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It looks like MS have removed the demo from Featured Downloads and it will return at 5pm :( Some lucky people managed to download before it vanished.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'll go check again. I know one of the guys has issues with his market place refreshing, but it does look like the actual download won't be up until this evening. 9am yank time.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Apparently the same thing happened with Lost Planet, the demo appeared within the Featured Downloads area and was then removed until the official release time.

Lee

BMW M2C
On it's way down now. Not sure I'll be able to pass a bike game off as research, but f**k it, I'll say I'm checking out the smoke effects or something.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah it appears that Gold acount users can get it now if they download via Featured Downloads or click on the Moto GP advert on Marketplace.

Which games do you actually develop at your work Lee?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Silence from Lee. Either he was sacked for playing Moto GP, he's lost the afternoon playing Moto GP or he's out cruising and enjoying the nice weather.

Lee

BMW M2C
Had a quick go, I'm crap at bike games. I need to give it some time to learn how to play it properly. I just kept over correcting and weaving from side to side.

God knows when I'll get time to play it before next week. I really need to finish Tomb Raider, then start Battlefield. Plus I'm out tonight and tomorrow and all day Sunday.

Oh how I wish I was out in the nice weather, althouth it has gone a little cloudy here in Brum.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Not a cloud in the sky here in Glasgow today. I'm melting in my office.

Moto GP games are usually hard to get into due to the control but after several rubbish attempts I get used to it. Mastering front and rear braking is a must. I remember the joys of weaving while trying to smoothly ride the bike in a straight line :D It's a great feeling when you master it.

Lee

BMW M2C
It's really handy to be able to play the demo. Now I can give it a hammering and decide wether to keep it on pre order or not.

The last bike game I played a lot was MotoRacer on the PC. I used to fly on that, then my boss started beating me so I ran a few laps on his PC and set my fastest time. It turned out the game didn't compensate for the performance of the PC, my old P90 couldn't compete with his P200 with MMX. lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
ok, not as impressed as i thought i was gonna be, i think i had too high a hopes for it!!!

One thing though, having never ridden a motorcycle, what the hell do you do breaking wise, theres the trigger to pull back or the front/rear break on the triggers, which do I use please?

dk

911 GTS Cab
have been playing around though now and if using the rear brake when going round corners you can corner so much faster!!!!

still not sure on the difference the front and rear make though, they both seem to dot he same for me but i want to understand what they do to help me improve, its a game you need to spend time learning, not your average racing game, you have to think so much mroe ahead with this, and much slower round corners.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've downloaded it and had time for a quick shot and I think it's definately a game I will grow to love once I remaster the controls. Front/rear braking definately helps, especially as you get better at the game. The front brake has better stopping power but can also land you in lots of trouble. Double tapping the accelerator while cornering starts a powerslide for those who have not already realised this.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've decided bike games just don't do it for me, so I've cancelled my pre order.

Just watched the Rainbow 6 Las Vegas footage. That's now pre ordered.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I downloaded the trailer for that last night and it looks like a promising game. Any idea when it is due?