ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Wireless Speed Wheel

Goliath I
I've had my eye on this to for F1 2011. I had F1 2009 on the Wii using the wheel and once you got used to it I found it was very enjoyable to play with.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I can see three problems with it.

First off. It's wireless.

Secondly, I suspect the feedback sensation is as involving as playing Mario Kart on the Wii with that wireless frisbee that they do.

Thirdly, it's wireless.

D.

Bus w**ker
I want to try the Speed Wheel out, but I'm pretty convinced that it will be gash.

I may have been pricing up a full Fanatec setup lately. f**k paying £500+ though :(.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've heard reports of whiplash-like symptoms after usage. so thats not good.

Goliath I
Ive seen a few reviews, many of whom haven't even tried it yet? lol

I (as are others) are looking at this wheel as a cheap alternative to a proper set-up. I can't afford or even have room for wheel, pedals etc... (plus my wife would kill me!) but find the joypad lacks that control and stability needed and I view the wireless wheel as a next step up from the pad.

Still looking for a review that rates it for what it is... A cheap alternative.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I've been and bought it from PC World for £34, seemed like best deal so will see what its like!

AK

M240i
microsoft wireless wheel plugged in for the force feedback is a good setup on a budget.

So, I've had a Google and assume by 'plugged in' you mean plugged into the wall with an AC adaptor?

How can a wireless wheel, not fixed to anything have force feedback?!

It might vibrate, but that's about it.

Monaro VXR
So, I've had a Google and assume by 'plugged in' you mean plugged into the wall with an AC adaptor?

How can a wireless wheel, not fixed to anything have force feedback?!

It might vibrate, but that's about it.

I think he is meaning the old proper wireless wheel they did, with the pedals etc. Which needed to be plugged into the wall for the force feedback to work.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nah, the 'speed' wheel is the spastic U shaped one. I think it looks useless, tbh.

I'd 100% recommend getting the original wireless MS wheel to use with F1; the pedals are a bit naff but it makes the game so much more enjoyable. Didn't think much of it when used with forza, sadly.

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Same as Luke - however, adding some spongey/foamy/rubbery stuff behind the brake pedal makes a huge difference. You can have ABS off for better braking, but still have a bit of feel. I found that with Forza the brakes would lock really easy so needed some sponge plus ~4mm thick bit of wood, for F1 just the sponge was spot on :)

Oh, and having the pedals fixed down properly so you can actually push them is a good idea too, same with the wheel I guess so you can wind the wheel weight and feedback up to full.

Monaro VXR
I think once I have some spare cash I am seriously going to consider picking up one of the Fanatec wheels. I got the MS one and didn't think much of it at all on Forza. Will give it another try tonight now that I have finished decorating the room the xbox lives in. Only managed to get a little go on Forza 4 last night, just enough to do the first world tour.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a go with this wheel on Forza 4 in Gamestation today.

I wasn't impressed as you can't control the steering as accurately or correct a spin qucik enough.

Maybe you would get used to it after a while but I don't think you would ever be as quick as using the pad.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I bought one of these yesterday and think it is excellent when used with F1, the rumble works well. With Forza 4 it's also good but lacks any real rumble effect, it is very weak. For F1 I would definitely recommend it and for Forza 4 I think it is better than a pad but not stunning. Maybe more time with it and F4 will alter my opinion.

I'm tempted but need a play ideally to see if there is any potential in my lap times improving with it. After following some ghosts that are clearly wheel-driven it's very clear how a smooth cornering action can shave loads of time off corner by corner.

I also read that the triggers have more travel than a pad, making accelerating/braking smoother.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I'm taking mine back, tried with F1, adjusted settings and still can't control it as well as normal D-pad, so its going back for a refund, very dissapointing product!

182FF with cup packs
I'd 100% recommend getting the original wireless MS wheel to use with F1

If you can find one that is. They're like rocking horse s**t these days. I've been looking for a replacement for mine for about 10 months now, but don't play xbox enough to justify spending out on a Fanatec setup.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I used this wheel more last night and think it is fantastic. I can now powerslide in Forza 4 without any problems and catch the car if it suddenly snaps out on me. When used with F1 it is a dream, great car control.