ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XBOX 360 Your advice please............

I am looking at buying an XBOX 360 for myself for Christmas, but what one is the best one? are there things I should be careful when buying? I think someone told me there is a 2.0 version thats best? not sure why? and also...what does 'Premium' and 'Not Premium' mean? as some say this on the advert.

Lastly... what is the best price I can get a new one for? They all seem to be around £350, is that about right?

Thanks.

Core Package - Xbox, wired controller, white dvd tray face, standard av lead, £209

Premium - Xbox, wireless controller, silver disc tray plate, hard drive, live headset, remote £279

Go for the premium!

GeeUK said:
Core Package - Xbox, wired controller, white dvd tray face, standard av lead, £209

Premium - Xbox, wireless controller, silver disc tray plate, hard drive, live headset, remote £279

Go for the premium!

Great help! thanks :star: Only thing I find strange, is that all the ones on eBay are £350 not £279, I'll have another look.

1ate2 said:
Thats because theyre hard to get hold of mate. Should be easier now Christmas is sorted.

oh ok! Thanks for that.. looks like some nice profits have been made by the lucky few that are selling them for a big mark-up. I might as well wait till January now then...when the price comes back down ?

I did read in a trade mag that they dont expect to have free stock, as in sat on the shelf ready for you to go in and just pick one up until around April!

1ate2 said:
I did read in a trade mag that they dont expect to have free stock, as in sat on the shelf ready for you to go in and just pick one up until around April!

That explains the high prices, I cant remember exactly.. but just seen the 'core' version supplied with just 2 games for something like £675 :eek:

golf r32 dsg
im looking to buy 1, the premium package..
but im not paying ebay prices..
anyone no of anywere around derby/notts whats got stock standing in shops?

my bro said he went to dixons in gatwick i think it was and he said they was on the shelf there. probabley because people couldnt be arsed to take it on holiday with them and cart it around the whole holiday. the dumb ass bought a psp instead lol

Mk2 Golf GTI
I'd hang on a few weeks, bound to be more places with stock.

A few of the games retailers i've been into have them in stock but are only selling them with games bundles that a lot of people wouldnt want

nothing, blown up!
becareful it would be worth waiting as the newest batches have had lots of problems like overheating and crashing etc.

Nike Lunar Elite's
hitharder said:
becareful it would be worth waiting as the newest batches have had lots of problems like overheating and crashing etc.

Not true, a tiny percentage have had these problems, which is the same as any other games console. I don't see how they can overheat, mine gets nowhere near as hot as my old ps2!

Polo + Micra
hydeyho said:
Not true, a tiny percentage have had these problems, which is the same as any other games console. I don't see how they can overheat, mine gets nowhere near as hot as my old ps2!

you sure about that i was well suprised the amount of heat that comes out of the back of mine

my advice is dont buy one....wait until the PS3 comes out, the 360 will tumble in price. the games arent really next generation at the moment just slightly better looking versions of whats currently on offer on the xbox. Cerainly wouldnt pay 1 bean over the RRP.

tom_1.4_16v said:
my advice is dont buy one....wait until the PS3 comes out, the 360 will tumble in price. the games arent really next generation at the moment just slightly better looking versions of whats currently on offer on the xbox. Cerainly wouldnt pay 1 bean over the RRP.

I guarantee that at least 80% of the first wave of PS3 games will also be graphical updates, EA will have a field day.

If you really want originality and new concepts wait for the Revolution, Nintendo are having a blinder at the moment with the DS when everyone said it would be destroyed by the PSP. No reason why they can't do it again.

By the by, we may be seeing more 360s over here soon as Microsoft appear to have failed again in Japan, figures for week approaching Christmas...

Nintendo DS - 408,770
PSP - 95,689
PS2 - 55,342
Game Boy Advance SP - 19,098
GameCube - 17,849
Game Boy Micro - 14,432
X360 - 8,623
Game Boy Advance - 416
Xbox - 182