ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox controller on PC

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I can connect the xbox controller to the pc, but it only works right next to the pc, even wired or wireless as soon as u move it away it loses connection or lags badly, an idea?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Never had a problem myself unless batteries are getting low or the cable/connector on the controller is dodgy.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Never had a problem myself unless batteries are getting low or the cable/connector on the controller is dodgy.
Batteries are brand new, and tried a few different cables, all seem the same, really strange, like the connection is only available right next to the pc...

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Batteries are brand new, and tried a few different cables, all seem the same, really strange, like the connection is only available right next to the pc...

Has he only got the one controller to try?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I take it he’s tried different cables, plugged into different USB ports?

If it’s still not working just tell him it’s Kyles fault.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I take it he’s tried different cables, plugged into different USB ports?

If it’s still not working just tell him it’s Kyles fault.
Yea mate tried a few different ones, very strange, he said Kyles getting it if he ever meets him..😂

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Are you running Windows 10?

There’s an XBox Accessories app that checks the status of the pad itself and whether or not it requires a firmware update. It will only run and check when connected via USB, however.

1598686245317.jpeg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I use an old Xbox 360 controller for my PC for certain games when having a keyboard and mouse is actually a hindrance, usually casual racing games like Wreckfest. Totally plug and plug and never had any issues with it over the last 5+ years.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Are you running Windows 10?

There’s an XBox Accessories app that checks the status of the pad itself and whether or not it requires a firmware update. It will only run and check when connected via USB, however.

View attachment 1492757
I updated it yesterday, it did need an update, but after messing round for 2 days the little f*cker got a re-fund on rocket league so doesn't need it now... ha ha, thanks for the replies though mate... (y)

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I use an old Xbox 360 controller for my PC for certain games when having a keyboard and mouse is actually a hindrance, usually casual racing games like Wreckfest. Totally plug and plug and never had any issues with it over the last 5+ years.
Funny you should mention that, i found an xbox 360 controller yesterday as well, so should be need one in the future we should be good to go...(y)

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I'm using a wireless 360 one with the wireless adaptors roughly placed in the middle of the house. Pretty much works from any room so weird that it only works right next to the PC. With a wireless 360 controller even if you plug a wire into it then straight into the PC it still uses the wireless iirc.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I'm using a wireless 360 one with the wireless adaptors roughly placed in the middle of the house. Pretty much works from any room so weird that it only works right next to the PC. With a wireless 360 controller even if you plug a wire into it then straight into the PC it still uses the wireless iirc.
That was what i thought, the 360 controller is wired, so will hopefully be fine.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I still don’t understand why it would lag when plugged in tbh.

Unless there’s something wrong in the settings on steam for the controller.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
So i updated the wireless controller, still exactly the same, plugged in the wired 360 controller and it works fine, dunno why the wireless one won't work, unless the bluetooth range is absolute w*nk on the PC, he has a wired mouse and keyboard, so i wouldn't have noticed.