ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox live help

right i bought a router but seem 2 gain internet access through it,2 b able connect 2 xbox or pc net?

aloso wots the dns settings ob xbox 360 needed

320d M Sport
Ok, this might be wrong, but here goes:

Make sure ur wires are in the right place, sounds like they are.
READ YOUR ROUTER INSTRUCTIONS, it will probably give you the routers homepage address (it will be numbers, eg 192.168.01 - sumat like that).
Follow the instructions, you will have to put in the EXACT username(or email addy) and password into the router too.

Try to start internet explorer then.
If that works connect your 360 to the Router with another Ethernet lead, and follow the details on your TV.

Thats how i set mine up, and a few of my mates too.

VW ....

READ YOUR ROUTER INSTRUCTIONS, it will probably give you the routers homepage address (it will be numbers, eg 192.168.0.1 - sumat like that).
Follow the instructions, you will have to put in the EXACT username(or email addy) and password into the router too.

If that works connect your 360 to the Router with another Ethernet lead, and follow the details on your TV.

do you do this offline as i cant get on the net 2 do this as it wont establish any connction? the user and password would be admin right, so then on the actual form part do i write my username and password which is needed to gain broadband?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

READ YOUR ROUTER INSTRUCTIONS, it will probably give you the routers homepage address (it will be numbers, eg 192.168.0.1 - sumat like that).

^^ haha.. sorry thats funny..

VW ....
KDF was referring to my correcting paddy's router homepage address ,cause it was him that told me that lol

forgive him ,he's got issues .

320d M Sport
KDF was referring to my correcting paddy's router homepage address ,cause it was him that told me that lol

forgive him ,he's got issues .

I don't get it lol

I just made that number up, what's funny?
More to the point, is that the right way to do it?

320d M Sport
do you do this offline as i cant get on the net 2 do this as it wont establish any connction? the user and password would be admin right, so then on the actual form part do i write my username and password which is needed to gain broadband?

yep, it will be offline, it's the router's own homepage (read the manual! it will have the address in there).

If it asks you for username + passwords, these are the same you use to sign on for your internet, it has to be EXACTLY the same.

Piece of piss really

been @ it @ the weekend still no joy... aghhhhh!!
the adsl light is on now, but still no joy getting on the net, i type in 192.168.1.1 but the page will not open up to do all the work necessary for it to work. its really driving mr round the bend now lol please advise.