ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XBox Update

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Out now.

Games on Demand
Rating System
Different Friends List sorting methods

A couple of other things but all in all I think it's pretty w**k!

Games on Demand is obviously going to be a new way to get games, but at the moment it's just old crap like Call Of Duty2, Viva Pinata and NFS Carbon. Here's the punchline, they're all £19.99.

Which makes me wonder if this is going to be a good way to buy games at all, you won't be able to trade them in, you can't sell or lend them to others. I also wonder what the deal will be when it comes to rights and permissions.

You can now sort your friends list by status. So whatever game you're playing, any friends that are playing the same game will appear at the top. I like this, but it reverts to the original sorting whenever you close and reopen the list.

Avatar Marketplace looks interesting, but it seems a bit of a waste of money.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Games on Demand would be good if you actually gained something by purchasing online. But selling old games for more than they're worth is a bit pointless imo!

Clio 182 cup'd
How about the old dashboard back...remember the one where you could actually find what you wanted easily, and it wasn't covered in adverts...

LOL at this earlier when I updated a really poor selection of games and yes why would you pay £20 for Call of duty 2????

I only ever use the 'blades' when you press the xbox button as the dashboard is w**k, childish, confusing and loaded with adverts!

And breathe ;)

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
How about the old dashboard back...remember the one where you could actually find what you wanted easily, and it wasn't covered in adverts...

Agreed!. Surely it can't be that hard for MS to enable us to have either dashboard as an option in Settings?. & Yes the update is pointless imho. They should have just waited and added everything together with the Facebook/Tweeter updates in or around November etc...

BMW M4; S1000 RR

It was simpler, but Avatars are kind of cool, and the whole system looks a lot more sleek. Agree about the adverts though, I'd rather be able to have the "My XBox" line as my default instead of Spotlight where it gives you the crap.

Its all just a waste of money tbh

I would rather pick up a copy of CoD 2 pre-owned for a fiver

I'd rather drop a fiver down the drain TBH!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Agreed!. Surely it can't be that hard for MS to enable us to have either dashboard as an option in Settings?

Perhaps, but regardless they'll have agreements with companies and developers that have space on the new dashboard. It's like ITV saying to it's advertisers, "We're giving the option for people that watch ITV to not watch your adverts. Sorry".

57 Clio Campus Sport
What I haven't seen mentioned is the Achievement changes. Now when you access a Achievements while in game you can see what they all are really easily instead of having to click on every one.

Nippy white cup
TBH I was pleased with the update as it seems a lot faster in general 'browsing'. It used to take an age to go from messages to friends lists or whatever but now it seems to be much better imo.

Chris

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
^^^I'm on a fairly slow Sky Broadband so I'll probably just fire up the 360 and let it download while I have some food or while watching some tv.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The Adidas gear looks quite cool.

I nearly bought the trainers :dapprove:

TBH I was pleased with the update as it seems a lot faster in general 'browsing'. It used to take an age to go from messages to friends lists or whatever but now it seems to be much better imo.

Chris

I didn't have a problem with it before in fairness. What I do have a problem with is the time it takes to access marketplace items. Or is it just me? (you click a game and it takes around 10-15 seconds to bring up the available DLC).