ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox won't work :S

Za**** & Xr250R
Hi

I've bough an xbox 360 and the plug on the power pack to power the unit won't fit into the back of the machine :S the socket on the back of the machine has 2 small plastic bit's on that won't allow the plug to go into the rear of the computer. Can anyone tell me why this is please ???

Thank's

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
There are two sections to the power pack. Check you have both.

Power-Supply-AC-Adapter-for-Xbox-360.jpg

Za**** & Xr250R
I've spoken to the gent i bought it from and he has sent me the wrong power pack lol. It does look the same:

ABCD0010-15.jpg

But this plug doesn't fit in

ABCD0007-22.jpg

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
there is 3 different types, all with different male and female plugs, newer ones are all backward compatible but not the other way round

172 cup
there are two different power packs with different plugs. They both put out different voltage, as earlyier model xbox's run off higher or lower(cant remember which way round) voltage to the newer ones. They have different plugs to stop people frying them

172 Cup
Three different PSU's each supplying different voltages and amps depending on motherboard/chipset revision.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
That's what happens when the power supply isn't built in.. PS3 FTW !

k thx bai !

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
flol, the size of the Xbox power supply is a major pain in the arse, it weighs a tonne as well.

Za**** & Xr250R
That's what happens when the power supply isn't built in.. PS3 FTW !

k thx bai !

1+ ps3's are the way forward but gt5 isn't going to be released for another few month so i've bought an xbox360 to play Forza 3 on it will be going back in the box when gt5 is released ;)

Motorbikes
flol, the size of the Xbox power supply is a major pain in the arse, it weighs a tonne as well.

Since I placed my xbox on the stand, I havent had to touch the psu again so can't say I noticed how heavy it was. But it is huge lol.

Polo + Micra
from what i can see is that the new ones run on the same 12v + 5v supply but the new psu's only output about 12A where as the old ones used to do about 16A

also the new ones are lighter and smaller :)

RB 182
tbh i had this same problem, i cut away the 2 plastic bits with a knife , the 2 bits that prevented the psu sliding into the back of the xbox console, bobs ur uncle, it works just the same, i did it as i really needed a power supply an thought what the hell lets try it and it did