ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XBox360 Ring of death!!

Clio 182ff
I had the red ring of death tonight, its not a complete ring just 3 lights on the xbox!! Anyone got an idea what that means, also ive had my XBox 18 months is it covered by manufacturers warranty,

Cheers

u kno what, i thought my xbox had that, the red light flashingetc, then realised my cables where not connected properly.. thank god, i nearly shat myself...

Clio 182ff
So you had the red ring when your cable wernt fitted correctly mate?? I havent even checked my cables. im in work now (busy obviously) but ill check them in the morning!!! cheers mate

yea, i was like confoosed, the xbox hada red ring, and flashing all over. then after 10mins i realised the cable on the back of the xbox was pulled out... lets just hope ur xbox aint infected.... and ur at work.. damm... lol

BMW E92/Audi S3
If not. send it back to microsoft. While your waiting for the documents to come through, just do the towel trick for a few days

Clio 182ff
Im so annoyed i was dying to play fifa this afternoon mad for it after the euro's this week!! If its just a cable ill have to slap myself!! Ive just moved you see so could well be the cable thing i did just throw everything together when i moved in last week!!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
AV cable not connected or not connected properly = 4 red rings

3 red rings (qquadrants 1/3/4) is a hardware fqault, covered by a 3 year manufacturer warranty.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I took mine back to Virgin yesterday (less than a year old).

Oddly enough I was playing COD4 and the graphics went shoddy (flickering etc)! Switched the machine of and on and the TV was reporting an "unrecoginised signal." Checked all cables and everything looked spot on. Swapped the hdmi lead for component and even though I could hear sound no picture was appearing. Even tried the eggbox on another TV :(

I can only presume the graphics card blew up lol!

Very odd!

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
red_ring_death.jpg