ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Headlamp Washers

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Ok I know these things are always going wrong but I'm trying to get mine in working order. I've just managed to repair my washer jets for the front and back screens - they're great now. My headlamp washer - only one side sprays water? I have blasted out the lines with air so I doubt there's any dirt in it - I'm certain it's the pump again but does anyone know if the pump for the headlamps is different to the other pump? I assume it is cos both outlets on the headlamp pump needs to spray simualtaniously whereas on the other pump it switches between front and rear screen.
Anyone know the answer?
Cheers.
Dan.

Volvo S60 T5
they work independantly of each othe, with the clip system you can operate the left hand or right hand one seperately.
I will be posting up a guide on how to fix the leaky jets soon, really easy to do.
They have a small ball bearing inside them, a spring and a rubber seal.
does your pipe squirt when disconnected from thejet?

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Mike@Rentech said:
they work independantly of each othe, with the clip system you can operate the left hand or right hand one seperately.
I will be posting up a guide on how to fix the leaky jets soon, really easy to do.

Brilliant looking forward to the guide.....Mines just started leaking today:mad:

Is it a bumper off jobby to get at the washer jet?

Volvo S60 T5
Is it a bumper off jobby to get at the washer jet?

only if you have to replace both, otherwise its not that bad to do.

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Mike@Rentech said:

How do they work independantly then? I was under the assumption that when I squirt my front screen with the dipped lights on, after 5 secs they both get sprayed? Is that not correct? I haven't tried disconnecting the pipe because I'm not sure I can get to it without removing the bumper? The passenger side wasn't working originally and the drivers side did (but sprays absolutely everywhere apart from the light) but now the passenger side works great and the drivers side doesn't spray at all. This could be because I had the pump out today and disconnected the pipes and put them back the opposite way? I have two brand new spray heads to fit but I'm not sure how to tackle it yet or if my pump is broken?