ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon headlight problem

clio sport 172
hi,im having a problem with the drivers side xenon on my 172 sport.first the bulbs looked 2 different colours so i replaced them with a pair of philips ultinons but the drivers side looks brighter but how can it be? could they be misaligned? And also the drivers side has decided to only work sometimes since i had the unit out,could this be the ballast pack? the joy's of owning a clio! thanks for your help.

Ged

PD130 Peach
I think this could be down to one headlight being higher than the other giving the illusion that one is brighter, this was the case on my friends 182 anyway...

clio sport 172
i hope this is the case mate as im having nothing but trouble with it since i got it in february! gonna take it to the mot place to check the alignment and gonna pat test the ballast pack

clio sport 172
forgot to mention that when i bought the car the passenger side headlight unit had to be replaced,whats the chances of it not been a renault origional and the reflector been different i.e causing the 2 different colours? cheers

Ged

PD130 Peach
As far as I know don't think you can get non genuine xenon headlights. Unless they are angel eyes but won't be that. And also bet the bulb not starting properly sometimes will be the igniter. And then the colour difference will be the new headlight has just been whacked in with no setup.

clio sport 172
the bulb has been flickering and going off today,im sure its the ballast unit,found one one ebay for £45 so gonna get that then check the allignment for the colour of the bulbs. then i'll just wait for another problem to appear!lol