ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Headlights 'Plug & Play' Few Questions

1.2 Campus Sport
Hello Everyone,
I'm sure you've had people asked this many times;
I have already bought a set of Xenon Headlights with a black inserts for my 1.2 Clio Campus Sport. I purchased them originally for my 1.2 Dynamique which was involved in an accident which wasn't my fault.. (Long Story)

Anyway my question is;
firstly, the Xenons I have have a different type of Headlight Adjuster Motor than the ones my current campus uses. Is this just a straight swap of the motors?

Second, I would like someone to firm up whether Xenons would pass an MOT without SELF adjusting headlights and headlight washers.

As a suggestion feel free to post up any images of a Iceberg 172/182 with black inset xenons (to see what it would look on mine)
Thanks for all your help!
Ross

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Regs state that they need washers and self levelling or else they'll fail. My dCi passed an MOT in March with xenons fitted and no washers or self levelling though. It all depends on where you take it IMO. Go to kwik fit or something and they'll probably fail it. Take it to your local indy and it'll no doubt pass.

1.2 Campus Sport
Thanks for the help guys. The general gist of comments here suggest that I should be fine to take my car to an MOT with them.

Thanks,
Ross

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I know for a fact that i have fitted my xenons to the trophy i would fail an MOT as i do not have headlight washers or self level on them.

1.2 Campus Sport
I know for a fact that i have fitted my xenons to the trophy i would fail an MOT as i do not have headlight washers or self level on them.
How do you know that mate? The regulations quite clearly sate that cars with Xenons Headlights MAY have headlight washers or self leveling devices. Surely this means that cars do not require them.
Thanks,
Ross

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Cause Xenons where never fitted to my car and i fitted them myself.
My mate who MOTs my car has told me for the last 3 years that my car should fail due to the headlights.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The regulations do state now that ANY vehicle fitted with HID headlamps MUST have washing and self levelling devices fitted and working. Doesn't change the fact that my car passed an MOT after these regulations were brought in without washers or self levelling lol.

If worst comes to the worst, it's not a difficult job to change them back over to standard halogen units for an MOT.