ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons not working?

I picked up some xenons for my dci about 2 months ago. I didn't have time to fit them immediately because we were just moving house, and have just got round to try one side yesterday.
My understanding was that they were plug and play. so I disconnected my old headlights plug in the two cables, and nothing. The full beam works with the indicator, but nothing from the main light although I can hear the auto-leveling working. I swapped the bulb over, and still no luck.
I thought both bulbs may have been dud, but the possibility that he sold me faulty lights are also creeping in.

The headlamp has the ballasts built into the unit. You're just supposed to plug it in.

I think I might have figured it out though. But I have one question - does the driver side main light have its own use separate fuse from the passenger side? My existing headlamp lens is cracked in front of the main beam, I think water got on a fused the circuit (as it doesn't work now). When I tried the xenon headlamp everything but the same main beam didn't work.