ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons playing up, any ideas

172 cup
Ok so I've had my xenons about a month, had them out a polished them the other day (which may or may not have caused this)

O/S doesn't always light up when I turn them on, all I have to do is turn them off and on and it works (once it's on it stays on)

N/S has a yellow tinge to it compared to the O/S which is nice and white

Thanks in advance!

172 cup
Check the connection on the O/S lamp. I had a similar issue, just fiddle with the cabling and ensured it was connected properly and that sorted my issues.

Yeah I don't know why I haven't tried this tbh, bit lazy ATM, I take it you mean the igniotor on the back of the bulb? Thanks

Yeah I don't know why I haven't tried this tbh, bit lazy ATM, I take it you mean the igniotor on the back of the bulb? Thanks

Thats right mate - couldn't think of the correct terminology.

Not sure about the different light colours though - I would guess one of the bulbs has been changed for a different output (maybe) at some point.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I also had this once and it was because the light was getting dam with a trashed arch liner and wet weather.

172 cup
Thats right mate - couldn't think of the correct terminology.

Not sure about the different light colours though - I would guess one of the bulbs has been changed for a different output (maybe) at some point.

Cheers mate will give it a go, and I don't know about the lights I may swap the bulbs over at the weekend and see if it's the bulb or wiring? Any idea how easy it is to take out? I'd imagine the ignitors are quite delicate

thanks

Cheers mate will give it a go, and I don't know about the lights I may swap the bulbs over at the weekend and see if it's the bulb or wiring? Any idea how easy it is to take out? I'd imagine the ignitors are quite delicate

thanks

Couldn't tell you for sure. I know changing the sidelights on mine was a bumper off job!

As you don't have aircon pipes in the way - you might be ok!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Changing all the bulbs is relatively easy. The ignitor just twists off. Has arrows on it for direction to lock and unlock.

Xenon bulbs usually go pink for a day or two before they go and are best replaced in pairs to match the colour

172 cup
Changing all the bulbs is relatively easy. The ignitor just twists off. Has arrows on it for direction to lock and unlock.

Xenon bulbs usually go pink for a day or two before they go and are best replaced in pairs to match the colour

thanks ones gone yellowish like I say I'll test it in the other side first to make sure it is the bulbs, any idea how much they are? Thanks

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I think I paid about £45 for a pair of genuine philips ones from ebay. D2S if I remember and 4300k if what you want (standard colour)

172 cup
mines been doing this since the wet weather it starts winking at other road users!

I take it that's your ballast? I head if they go you can solder the components in the ballast itself? but water damage I suppose is a whole different ball game

If you do need new bulbs , i bought these from HIDS direct after reading good reviews about them on CS . £16.00 delivered . I went for the 5000K , slightly whiter than the standard 4300K .

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/d2s-35w-hid-xenon-bulb-set/

yeah I wanted a little bit brighter without blinding people but as grazo22 said £45 for genuine is that not the way to go? £16 is a brilliant price but doesn't it seem to cheap?

thanks for help

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I take it that's your ballast? I head if they go you can solder the components in the ballast itself? but water damage I suppose is a whole different ball game

yeah I wanted a little bit brighter without blinding people but as @grazo22 said £45 for genuine is that not the way to go? £16 is a brilliant price but doesn't it seem to cheap?

thanks for help

£16.00 delivered is a cracking price . I thought maybe they would be cheap crappy things , but they work perfectly well :D. They are maybe slightly brighter than oem , i'm gauging that against my 8 year old Xenons that had gone slightly pink though and that would intermittently go out . And like i said , they are ever so slightly whiter .

172 cup
£16.00 delivered is a cracking price . I thought maybe they would be cheap crappy things , but they work perfectly well :D. They are maybe slightly brighter than oem , i'm gauging that against my 8 year old Xenons that had gone slightly pink though and that would intermittently go out . And like i said , they are ever so slightly whiter .

Great thanks will be ordering a set thanks