ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
Bit of a boring post but any excuse for some pics

Today I changed from my HID kit (Haters dont kill me) to Genuine Xenons.

TBF, Fairly simple to do...

While the front end was off I thought I would clean the headlight housing, arches etc

OldLights.jpg

FrontEndOff.jpg

CleanHeadlightHousing.jpg

NewLights.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Nice upgrade and nice clean car

I plan on getting xenons for the trophy as they seem a very good upgrade.

Like you i will be cleaning the front end and scrubbing it all.

clio 182 black /gold
Are you going to add Headlight washers to them? If not it could fail its MOT. Very nice indeed and what a clean car.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So much better than driving around blinding everyone with the aftermarket ones you had before.

Are those the lights from the black mk2 that james and mike have just broken?

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
Yeah chip. Of that black 172. As for washers, if you are going to be that anal then question the decat passing an mot hehehe. It's not what you know, it's who you know

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Are you going to add Headlight washers to them? If not it could fail its MOT. Very nice indeed and what a clean car.

He should be fine, because there not there to be tested. Depends how strict the mot tester is I guess.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
How do you find them at night compared to your old non xenons? I guess your hids will be much better on the road than those xenons, but did you ever run them without hids in?

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
tbh the HID were much brighter but that is because they was 8000k...I read a post lastnight about HID Direct and ordered 2x 6000k bults for £16 delivered. hopefully that'll give me abit more light to what I'm not used to lol

clio 182 black /gold
Yeah chip. Of that black 172. As for washers, if you are going to be that anal then question the decat passing an mot hehehe. It's not what you know, it's who you know
I see. I just wondered as it has come up a few times on here, people have had them fit and it has needed washers. Yes it is who you know, ;).

tbh the HID were much brighter but that is because they was 8000k...I read a post lastnight about HID Direct and ordered 2x 6000k bults for £16 delivered. hopefully that'll give me abit more light to what I'm not used to lol

They would have been brighter because the light would have been scattered everywhere instead of at the correct angle on the road.

BTW, 6000K won't be as bright as the bulbs you have in now, if they're the standard bulbs. The higher the colour temperature, the less light you actually get onto the road.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
BTW, 6000K won't be as bright as the bulbs you have in now, if they're the standard bulbs. The higher the colour temperature, the less light you actually get onto the road.

Yep, the less bluey ones actually give more light out.