ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xxxxSTOLEN 172 CUPxxxx

RS Megane DCi 175
I can't believe the amount of Clio's gettin nicked round the N/W.
I know it's probably no different anywhere else but it seems that way - yours, Northy's, Adtmits'.
Gutted for you mate - sorry the one I spotted doesn't look likely it's yours.

Ad

MK2 FRS
MattT said:
I can't believe the amount of Clio's gettin nicked round the N/W.
I know it's probably no different anywhere else but it seems that way - yours, Northy's, Adtmits'.
Gutted for you mate - sorry the one I spotted doesn't look likely it's yours.

Unfortunately Matt the Gtr Manchester area is the worse for car crime in whole of the UK... bummer eh?

RS Megane DCi 175
adtmits said:
Unfortunately Matt the Gtr Manchester area is the worse for car crime in whole of the UK... bummer eh?
Bummer indeed.
Makes me kinda glad mine's not a 172/182.

Cam

182 Cup
Gutting news mate, these are getting rarer by the minute anyway never mind them being stolen. Keep my eyes peeled for the little scumbags, and time to invest in some sort of baseball bat to keep by the side of my bed.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
all of this is seriously giving me doubt about trading up to an M3!!

Fcuking pikey cnuts!!!

Nimbus Clio 197
know what you mean dan. its a disgrace that we should be worried about getting nice cars for fear of them being stolen

sorry to here this mike . will keep my eye's open around chester for you mate . hope you get sorted .

Feel for you mate, as you said though, best to move on and start afresh, wouldn't want the car after that.

I assume these go abroad? Only 2000 Cups in the country so surely they can't sell it on in the UK, would be risky to say the least, especially with your LPG conversion which makes it stick out even more.

Last edited:
  Nimbus Clio 197
yeah, i bet they are getting reasonably rare now. like you said, would be risky to sell it over here

DC5
Sorry to hear it mate.

We had our house broke in to so they could get the keys for my dads LCR. I didn't get the clio until a couple of weeks later thankfully, else they might have been after that aswel.

Dad got his car back without a mark on it. Police found it parked up about 25miles away.

BMW Z4 3.0i
With the rubbish resale values of 172's being actually less than book price, then maybe at least you'll get a reasonable pay out if they go off the book.

When I'm at my parents in Manchester, I sleep with the keys in my room upstairs and I have a machete under my bed. With any luck they'll try stealing mine :D

Nimbus Clio 197
machete under your bed! lol could be the way forward :)

yeah scott, just down the road for you. be careful with yours too eh mate :(

RenaultSport clio 182
Aye, sorry to hear that mate, What a bunch of scaffy Gypos w**k'rs, Pisses me off that people graft away like bitches to get a nice car like that and some little tink comes along likes the look of it and walks away with the keys cos they cant be fooked getting a real job to buy one! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

Hope u see it again

Black Mk2 172
I will be mike , i have a habit of leaving it un-locked with my wallet in it - will be a damn sight more careful now. Im also going to sleep with keys under pillow

RB + LY 182 FF
gutted for you mate.

i woke up this morning to find someone has ripped chunks out of my spoiler ( i have a astra ) not sure if they tried to rob it or break it. either way its pissed me off especially as me and my partner broke up the night before after 4 years, not only have i got to sell the house i also need to replace my spoiler.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:( :(

Bezza4 said:
Sorry to hear it mate.

We had our house broke in to so they could get the keys for my dads LCR. I didn't get the clio until a couple of weeks later thankfully, else they might have been after that aswel.

Dad got his car back without a mark on it. Police found it parked up about 25miles away.

thats what most do.

park it up somewhere, leave it a few days, if its still there then it hasnt got a tracker on it, so they take it away.

cant believe people still leave keys in a 'key basket' afterall the cars on forums that have been stolen all in the same way.

i take my keys upstairs with me everynight, some may say then they will come up and beat you for them.. if they come up then theyre obviously crazy b******s so id just hand them over..
but its a step further at keeping things secure, many of them dont want any proper confrontation.. they just want to break in get ya keys and dissapear while your non the wiser.

Tesla MP3 2021
Mike_SE said:
cheers man. keep looking out of the window to see if its there, i dunno why!

i can imagine mate...

i would be too...also id be driving round every bloody where trying to find it:(:(

1.4 16v dynamique
thats awful! i only thought this happened to people with supercars, i really dont understand why someone would want to steal someone elses car in the first place :S hope this all turns out okay for you mate

Ad

MK2 FRS
Mike_SE said:
cheers man. keep looking out of the window to see if its there, i dunno why!

yeh is very weird.... for couple of weeks i wandered out the house to go to work expecting the 182 to be there......:dapprove: I still wonder where my baked bean is now. Loved that car as well......

Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
_Joe_ said:
thats awful! i only thought this happened to people with supercars, i really dont understand why someone would want to steal someone elses car in the first place :S hope this all turns out okay for you mate

money mate is the only reason.

Megane Trophy
Really sorry to hear this chap!

I was going to say how did thet get in as i thought the 172 was a pretty secure car, but seing they nicked the keys is crazy!

A guy on scoobynet a few years ago had armed people break in, threaten to kill his son if he didnt hand over the keys to his tuned P1.

Its horrible to even think of it.
I have my keys about 1 foot away from my head when im asleep as houses arent as secure as we would all like