ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yaser's (Almaghrbi) 172 Cup!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi All,
Just been in Yaser's (Almaghrbi) 172 cup and all i can say is wow!!!! He's done some serious work on it. Has to be the fastest clio ive ever been in and he's a mint driver to boot! He's got it up over 200BHP and aiming for 225 over the next month, he sure does know his car mechanics etc.
Just wanted to say thanks and its really made me eager to get my 182 and start tweaking a few things. Yaser has pointed me in the right direction for some subtle mods too.
John

Good lad, cool to hear Yaser kept hold of the car cant imagine it would have been cheap or hassle free to drag it all the way out there.

Gary G said:
"Yaser has pointed me in the right direction"

GDI and Angelworks? ;)

Mark Fish did 90% of the work on Yassers car Gary.

Andy put and SMT6 on it.

I think that Ben did the head recently, but struggled as it had been LAD'd (don't quote me on it)

/y0z

y0z2a said:
Mark Fish did 90% of the work on Yassers car Gary.

Andy put and SMT6 on it.

I think that Ben did the head recently, but struggled as it had been LAD'd (don't quote me on it)

/y0z
I don't think this is the same one.
225hp though hum that will be quick.
I'm glad he didn't sell its an amazing car and he's a good driver would seem a shame to seperate the two of them.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
we have mapped yassers car 3 times now after various changes to the engine and exhaust were made.

it was circa 210 bhp.....

mark fish built the original engine, its since had ben match the manifold and various new exhausts etc.

anyway,

Yassers car - very quick, especially through the corners down to the gripper diff.

but, mainly quick, because its well driven.

Yasser, Leo and Myself we all doing similar times (within about 1/4 of a second) at the RenaultSport day at brands last year. Yassers was set up for a different kind of racing however.

/y0z

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Got a Pm from yasser last week and he will be joining us on our next ring trip in May....! With his newly set-up car.

Ziel Nurburgring
He very kindly took me out at the Ring, all i can stay was the car felt it had a lot more grip than anyone could actually use. Even pushing it on the F1 circuit it had little roll and not a great deal of understeer. Plus Yassers a great driver, they work perfectly together.

I look forward to the next visit

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Andy GDI said:
kidding right....

would get sand in my crack

thats lovely mate...cheers for that image....lol

so let me get this right...if he's going to the ring does that mean he willl fly his car from dubai to germany...or am i being stupid

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
blink172 said:
He very kindly took me out at the Ring, all i can stay was the car felt it had a lot more grip than anyone could actually use. Even pushing it on the F1 circuit it had little roll and not a great deal of understeer. Plus Yassers a great driver, they work perfectly together.

I look forward to the next visit

Me too was really impressed with the grip levels and he was using very very wornout 195 F1's....!

Yasser loves his f1's and he ran a funny size 215 40 16 / he also ran on a 15" once or twice when i saw him.

/y0z

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I had a session as a passnger with Yaser at Brands last year...the way his Cup pulled in 5th on the start/finish straight made my Cup seem asthmatic!

His technique through Druids was interesting as well...turn in, spot the apex and floor it LOL - try that in mine and I'd end up as an understeering mess.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
y0z2a said:
Yasser loves his f1's and he ran a funny size 215 40 16 / he also ran on a 15" once or twice when i saw him.

/y0z

When i was in it at the Ring it was running to most abuse set of F1's i have ever seen. Size was 195/50 15 i and you couldnt see any marking on the tyre due to the scrubbing....!

He has moved onto 215/40..tryed this mtself 18 month ago and it a good improvment for the track, more grip without any real side effects.

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
I am very flattered that all of this has been said about me and my car!! I have been lucky to work with the best who had made my car what it is today (I am not going to talk about my driving)

And I am thankful to
Mark Fish for his motorsport wealth of knowledge, the suspension tuning and the gear box re-built with LSD despite the pain to do so
Andy GDI for taking the time and patience to tune the engine and the exhaust the way I wanted
Ben for his matching magic

It has been pleasure to have met you lot on the track and I am looking forward to see you again ....

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Here is a pic i took the other night,hope you dont mind Yaser! Looks sweet! Sorry about the quality,took it with W800 and forgot to use the night mode as it was quite dark in the underground parking.
DSC00409.jpg