ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yeah, it's gold. And it smells of warm horse sperm.

Rb 182
I went for the ones that don't even have a brand, that's how pikey I am.

Needs more archwork before more lows.

Ive had hottunings and V-maxx.. I liked my hottunings and they tend to be the cheapest.. They don't give the best ride but good for a budget coilover.. It will ride as well as your slammed clios did imo.

My V-maxx coilovers with the helpers are maxxed out at the height your cars at Jason.. Avo time next week tho. :cool:

Awesome guys, i'll get somthing ordered up this week. :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
do you want to let me steal things off it? im missing a few bits lol

Haha, I'm probably missing more. What do you need? I'll see if it's surplace to requirements. I have a set of original steels and suspension for sale.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just a couple of random bolts and cables i cant seem to find lol

although my masses of boxs of stuff is now wittling down to not alot :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've been offered a Polo GT engine, ECU, Loom and Gearbox. £250 cash, thoughts? This engine is pissing me off. Just killed ANOTHER Halfords Battery.

Yesturday I had to get it going with a bit of Easy Start, so of course there was a fair bit of smoke coming up fromt he block (Via the breather pipe). But what wasn't fun was when I hit a bump, the pipe fell off, and my cabin filled with smoke. Looked like I was hot boxing the thing at 8:30am. Not a good look!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I've been offered a Polo GT engine, ECU, Loom and Gearbox. £250 cash, thoughts? This engine is pissing me off. Just killed ANOTHER Halfords Battery.

Yesturday I had to get it going with a bit of Easy Start, so of course there was a fair bit of smoke coming up fromt he block (Via the breather pipe). But what wasn't fun was when I hit a bump, the pipe fell off, and my cabin filled with smoke. Looked like I was hot boxing the thing at 8:30am. Not a good look!

plus say £300 for bike carbs and manifold and anouther £100 or so for other bits n bobs,

its not a uber cheap conversion, and if not something you can do yourself youll need to find someone that can.. worth it tho

It would solve alot of your problems and you would have 5 gears and injection

I would get reading up on some build threads for small blocks on the Mk1 forum... Bike carbs would make it easier to wire in etc and sound awesome.. But as Laura says its another cost on top.. you have missed loads of cheap second hand bike carb kits on clubpolo, if you do go for carbs you can sell off the injection from the GT engine to help cover costs.. Oh you will need a fuel pump either way.

I would be tempted to get it running on the GT injection as its your daily but have read up as I say...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'd start off running it as injection, and the Bike Carb thing would be a later addition. It would be a project for me and a few mates to do, they all have better skills than me. I take it it needs an Electric fuel pump? Will any pump do?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Isnt it more complicated to run it as injection. as youll need the ECU etc etc, i could be wrong but i thought it was easier to run it on carbs

pump... im running a facet one.. well will be lol

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It comes with the ECU and loom and everything, plus my mate James is good with wiring (in fact, he enjoys it) so that will be sorted.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Buying an old car scares me, I'd just want to make it properly cool...

How much have you spent messing with the Jason? More than the value of the car?

I know of a very nice old volvo going, tempted? Hell yeah.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Buying an old car scares me, I'd just want to make it properly cool...

How much have you spent messing with the Jason? More than the value of the car?

I know of a very nice old volvo going, tempted? Hell yeah.

You dont want to ask me this question lol... or should i say i wouldnt like to answer :p

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm about to kill myself, probably. I just don't want this car to have the satisfaction of killing me, as it's already had the satisfaction of draining me emotionally, financially and physically.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Things that are pissing me off/ things that need doing:

The engine - It needs a new one, no doubt. This one is shite. Can I afford a new one? Not really, no.
The smell - It gets old, and annoying.
The paint - It's s**t
The Window rubbers - They are perished to s**t.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Classics are never cheap and easy to mantain like some people think, I have had two classic Minis, absolute money pits.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Classics are never cheap and easy to mantain like some people think, I have had two classic Minis, absolute money pits.

See I would have thought there was f**k all to a mini and that the only thing that might cost a fair wedge would be bodywork? Wrong?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Bodywork mainly yep, but little bits always breaking just starts to add up in the end.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Sell your wheels - Buy new engine - Save up for new wheels?

Give up - Sell it to me - I rock it daily ;)

Bearing in mind I've ploughed at least £2k into this, I doubt you could make a tempting offer for me! haha.

Keep looking at MK3 TDi Estate's for Dailys, I can't even afford this! What am I like!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Dude I'll show u receipts that will make your eyes water lol! Windows rubbers are a 10 min job.
The smell... Find the damp and find the smell
A new engine... I sold my original one for £10 just put the standard one in...
Paint.. what's wrong with it?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Car has the standard engine?

Paint is faded, missing LOTS of lacquer. Everyone always says "Wow, it looks a LOT worse than the pictures". LOL! I don't mind that much but it'd be nice to get a respray some time.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
In slightly less depressing news..

227787_196850087024782_148049718571486_499765_7005458_n.jpg

£30. Found a MK2 with a brand new Ignition Coil and Distributer, and I took it's wiper motor.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Fix the smell, get the engine running properly, then fart around with the body work. It's all about prioritising where you spend the money, it's the things that annoy you that you should sort out first they're the most important, you just don't see it whilst buying coilovers and green rim