ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yeah, it's gold. And it smells of warm horse sperm.

The thing is, I keep getting smug people say things like "You're an idiot if you can't get that running, let me come look at it!" Cue them coming over and becoming equally confused.

It's had:

New Fuel filter.
Carb Rebuild
New Dizzy
New Leads
Tried a different coil
New battery

It's getting a fuel, and a spark and air. Needs a compression test and may test the fuel pump for teh lolz.

If your 100% sure its getting them........Check the timing, could be its getting air,fuel and sparks but not in the right order

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah, the RAC guy set it by eye and it DID run, I mean nothing has changed since then. He did say to get it done properly but the thing is the engine wont run at all now. He seemed to think it was crap in the fuel system and timing which caused it not to run.

The solex carb has a solinoid thats fed from a live wire from the dizzy?.. Where have you checked your getting fuel from?

If your getting fuel, spark and air.... Its not getting enough of one or two of them

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well it stinks of fuel and the plugs smell of fuel after a good clean up (As in cleaned the shite out of them, put them back in, crack over, smells of fuel again).

loosen the distributor and get a friend to crank it over while you twist it clockwise and anticlockwise until it starts.

OR

If you take the dizzy off there should be a marker of some sort in the plastic casing/block that indicates where number 1 cylinder should fire. Turn the engine with a ratchet until it reaches tdc in number 1 cylinder and see how far out your distributor is. then adjust the dizzy so that the marker matches up to the dizzy arm

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
we couldnt get my original engine to work despite it being driven onto the trailer.

didnt matetr too much as it was coming out anyway but they do seem to be a little baffling from time to time

Its fun playing with carbs. I love setting the carbs and dizzy for top end and then you get loads of overrun at the bottom end = pop pop.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm really liking this the more and more I look at the thread, i'm even coming round to the colour. This should turn out wikid!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
5640837788_8550e17e65.jpg

DSC_0004 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Work in progress.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
why not do something original??
Why not stfu? I jest, but seriously, I love my friends art and thought it'd be a laugh.
What's actually left to do that's original on an old rotten golf?
It's not even rotten, but it does smell a bit odd. But yeah, I'm too poor to be that original so I'll just have fun. PROBLEM INTERNET HEROS?

Never said I had a problem son. Taking it too seriously for somebody who doesn't give a f**k?

That odd smell is the interior rotting, from all the sperm that has been emptied into it over the years ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Never said I had a problem son. Taking it too seriously for somebody who doesn't give a f**k?

That odd smell is the interior rotting, from all the sperm that has been emptied into it over the years ;)

I wasn't being serious mate, LOL! Yeah IIRC Gold MK1 Golfs get bitches.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
it just seems you do everything everyone else has done lol, lower, wheels in a random colour and now you are copying the whole black marker on white paint thing that has been done before.... im not knocking you... just do something original...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Personally I've never seen a "Black marker on white paint" thing, but either way I like it so Imma have it!

Next week Im fitting a frying pan on the roof. Original, innit!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Personally I've never seen a "Black marker on white paint" thing, but either way I like it so Imma have it!

Next week Im fitting a frying pan on the roof. Original, innit!

I think it was the skyline in Japan that had the marker thing, I'm looking forward to seeing your end result though.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah I remember a silver skyline having tribal style things all over it, but that's one guy IMO.

I can't wait to see it finished, looks dope enough as it is tbh!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah it's a good job I never called it original, I just said I haven't really seen it used much.

Idiot.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Itll look great.

To me it's still pretty original. I have NEVER seen a car in the flesh with art drawn on, only a few on the net.
That includes being at shows etc.
Looking forward to it mate, keep us up to date!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah, she runs 'n everything! So Scene that I have a car that runs!

216232_10150164456988034_570783033_7001215_1695679_n.jpg

215552_10150164458513034_570783033_7001227_2046348_n.jpg

205129_10150164459118034_570783033_7001229_4585777_n.jpg

See, told ya.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You look like a 90 year old man, stooped right over, driving that thing! LOL!

Get y0 gangsta lean on.

P.s - I must confess, I think the wing is ruining it a bit. If he either a) drew on the gold, or b) drew on the white with a gold paint pen, maybe.

Is it much to insure?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You look like a 90 year old man, stooped right over, driving that thing! LOL!

Get y0 gangsta lean on.

P.s - I must confess, I think the wing is ruining it a bit. If he either a) drew on the gold, or b) drew on the white with a gold paint pen, maybe.

Is it much to insure?

LOL I was leaning to look in my side mirror, as the cable to adjust it has snapped and it just points down :p I have an incredible lean on in that whip.

It costs me £1190 for 10 months TPFT, Boras renewal was about £1400. Me on a Clio of the same value (so a MK2 PH1 1.2) would be £1500ish.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Not finished yet, not sure when we'll get it done as I'm working today and tomorrow.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It still looks stupendously sh*t, but the stance and wheels are spot on.

Sort the colour combo out and get some seats that aren't from a bloody CRX and it's getting there.

I actually really like the wing! Looks cool! Even the green wheels would look awesome if the car was grey. Do it in Storm Grey.