ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yeah, it's gold. And it smells of warm horse sperm.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah, any spare money I have is now going on getting the engine running nice. But it feels like wasted money, hence why the GT engine and running gear is a very tempting proposition.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
This guy!

5722878611_ca5143bba8.jpg

DSC_0081 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Lets play the "What problems has Jason's car got now!" game.

Well recently I've been driving it a fair bit. And the fan hasn't been working so in traffic I've had the heater blowers on and the windows down (Like a boss). However, today all of a sudden the oil light flashed and I heard a weird noise kind of like a tiny gearbox crunching. Stopped, pulled over. AND MY FAN STARTED WORKING! Wooptydoo.

Anyway, followed my brother up to LongLife because he dropped his FRS off for a new exhaust, we came back later and hung around and there was a lovely patch of oil sitting under my car... ut oh. I am forever tw*tting it on the floor, but it's always the wishbone mounts and gearbox mount so I don't care too much. That or ripping the exhaust clamp off (That's another story). So instantly I thought "Ah s**t, what have I done now".

Turns out it was coming out of... the airbox? Took the cover off and the soaking wet air filter. Turns out there was a nice big puddle in there, which ended up on the floor. Basically the reason it is there is the breather pipe is attached to it. Oil is coming up the breather and into the air box somehow, as well as splashing quite far up the dipstick. Any reason why d'ya think?

Lol @ the latest developments. Catch can aside I'd be concerned wtf is causing it as realistically there shouldn't be that much oil coming out of the breather into the airbox.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
We have something in common?

Mine has less proper rust than my brothers RS PMSL!

It probably has a blockage or some s**t somewhere. I'll start by cleaning out the breather system. May even rebuild whats left of the engine for the shigglez. Needs a new engine ideally.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I dont frequent on a builders yard but ive seen enough scaffolding to know that looks nothing like it LOL

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I made it out of the remnants of your dads decaying ****.

<3 I jest, of course. It's a piece of s**t but it was £10 so now I can carry hoez on the roof.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm too poor, so green and gold it is. Colour clash is the new thing, I've just decided.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Yea they do look good like that n they have grown on me but silver would be p**n, it would make me let him off for buying a gold car.

sorry is it just me that thinks bar the scene stuff and random child based garb that this car with a decent machine polish would look excellent as the colour is really rich and unique. Also a clean engine bay no matter how weak or underpowered would look nice.

no? k.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
sorry is it just me that thinks bar the scene stuff and random child based garb that this car with a decent machine polish would look excellent as the colour is really rich and unique. Also a clean engine bay no matter how weak or underpowered would look nice.

no? k.

Machine polishing repairs lacquer peel, flaking paint, scratches and dents?

NEW ONE ON ME.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
oh so its in that much of a state? I thought it would be at least in half decent condition, shame.
It needs a respray, and although I'm tempted to rattle can it, I think such a solid shell probably deserves better. Even if a cheap job can't exactly make it worse.
TBH from the pics it looks pretty damn tidy! Shame it's that bad really.

Still a very cool car though mate, so crack on.
Yeah, I get that a lot. When people see it in person they realise what a smelly shed it really is. 'Tis why I love it! <3 cheers!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I tried to take a quick video to show the awesome noise this little engine makes, but all you can really hear is creaking, a scrape, and my breathing.

Last edited by a moderator: