ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet another 1.2 Grande thread.

MK2 PH1 1.2 Grande
This thread is primarily for my own benefit, so I can see the progress I make.

2000 - Mk2 Ph1 Clio Grande 1.2l

Bought this a little while back, daily runner, nice and cheap to run. Going to have a few mods, mainly to make it more aesthetically pleasing and so I can learn a bit more about cars etc, nothing drastic.
Progress on this might be a little slow due to work commitments, money etc.

There are a couple of tiny dents and also a little scuff on the drivers side rear arch which someone has painted over, but not quite with the correct colour paint.
Also the sun roof won't stay open, close the door or drive over a bump and it drops closed, haven't had a look at this yet, assuming it's just a tighten something up job?

Things I'm looking to do:
Cup spoiler - Should be arriving today.
New headlights - current ones are in a sorry state, just grabbed some standards as couldn't find a cheap set of Dual Optics.
Ph2 rear lights
Clear side repeaters
172 alloys - Unless someone can point me in the direction of a different set that looks decent on the car?
Colour coding
New head unit, wired up to use the cars current stalk controls - Still using the standard cassette player with cassette adapter!
Lowering springs - Thinking along the lines of 35 to 40 drop.
Front fogs - have a vague idea of how to do this after reading some threads here, still only vague though.

Anything I've missed?

Oh, and here's the car...

IMG_20120314_124626.jpg

IMG_20120314_124643.jpg

and the cars little dash mounted mascot.

IMG_20120614_141642.jpg

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
defs go for the dual optics over standard front headlight, theyre a million times better!

as for wheel, i think the standard ph2 sport wheels look kinda ghey, go for OZ F1's off the ph1 sports, they will suit the car a lot better!!

looks tidy though, exactly the same as my first clio!

MK2 PH1 1.2 Grande
For now, I've got some new standard ones, the state of the current set is ridiculous. If I find a decently priced pair of Dual Optics I'll definitely look into grabbing them.

Cheers Struggler, will look into those OZ F1's!

Going to contact the local scrappys tomorrow, fingers crossed for a set of the Ph2 rear lights. I'm assuming they're just a straight swap over?

MK2 PH1 1.2 Grande
Update:

Cup spoiler on with no issues, the headlights on the other hand...
Managed to get the wheel arch liner off the side I started on, the bolt that holds the front bumper in place though was rusty as hell! Due to this its decided to take hostage a ratchet socket which is now stuck on there (just my luck).
Going to take it down to the garage I use in the morning, see what they can do and decided I'm going to just ask them to chuck my headlights in for my while they're at it.

The joys of owning a 12 year old car ;)

MK2 PH1 1.2 Grande
The grill wouldn't budge on one side, god knows whats going on with it. Finding strange things that I'm only assuming previous owners have ballsed up.

MK2 PH1 1.2 Grande
Lol, still doesn't solve the ratchet socket that's been taken hostage :/
The bolt is hideously rusted, bumper in that side isn't proper fitted at the moment, is staying put though which is alright. If I can get the socket off somehow I'll just ignore the bolt and cable tie the bumper securely (wont be able to see it at all), it's just getting the socket off. Ideas?
Going to use a fair bit of WD40 and some vice grips tomorrow, try to "walk" it off the bolt... with some mild hammering thrown in for good measure.

MK2 PH1 1.2 Grande
Cup spoiler on:

IMG_20120809_161214.jpg

IMG_20120809_161223.jpg

New standard headlights fitted:

IMG_20120809_161247.jpg

Fitting the new headlights, and contrast between old and new:

IMG_20120809_122208.jpg

phpGOexTnAM.jpg

Had a quick clean, need to wait until I have some time for a proper clean and wax etc, hopefully soon!