ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(yet another) MX5!

Homo spec mazda
Most recent purchase is this 2009 2 litre sport, absolutely loving it, such a nice car to be in. I do have a few plans but for now im just enjoying the bose and heated leather.

Only pictures I have are iphone ones after me and christopher spent hours cleaning it.
BFC76E7F-066D-41F6-922F-4F4E56E6EEFB-2908-00000254C93C1ECF.jpg

BAEDC9F2-87B0-4B15-8750-5055C092ADFD-2908-00000254C0891052.jpg

My driveway as it stands.
CB471611-C91F-46A6-AA8F-F0ADC90280A8-2908-00000254DBA6530C.jpg

4C6B3263-F242-4336-91AF-4C91EAD27867-2908-00000254CF5DA9FE.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Well smart Seb, love the look of the mk3 facelifts!

Must feel fairly lardy compared to the white one, no?

535d / t5 caravelle
Very nice! There is a white one down the road from me with black wheels and roof, looks stunning, a special edition I am guessing?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Don't bother with spacers just get better offset wheels.

Don't bother with springs as you will ruin the ride & end up crashing on speed ramps, you may boff on bumpy roads due to seasickness ;)

Awesome. My mate at work has a kind of Alien Green type one. Looks lovely inside and I bet it's great to drive too. A bit of a change from Rack ;)

Homo spec mazda
Steve you had springs In the last are they really that bad?

I 100% want a cobra exhaust and remap, and a Skuzzle induction kit when he pulls his finger out, you can really tell that the restriction is computer based, it just feels like its holding back .

Loving this thing so much at the moment in the new year il focus on making it "mine"

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Steve you had springs In the last are they really that bad?

I 100% want a cobra exhaust and remap, and a Skuzzle induction kit when he pulls his finger out, you can really tell that the restriction is computer based, it just feels like its holding back .

Loving this thing so much at the moment in the new year il focus on making it "mine"

Did the springs & Rodders told me you will be back for a coilover kit, as usual he was not wrong.
They make the car 'look' good, see my build thread on Nutz.
On track the limits soon become apparent & on road day to day items like speed ramps can become a pain.
I even had uprated ARB's to try & compensate.
You have a very rough idea what I have spent & parts are not available SH at present to reduce costs.
The better torque curve & extra 20 bhp have been expensive but to drive mine vs yours you would really see the differences.
Going to do some track days with Paul next yr & see how close to his times I can get :S
Took a couple of seconds off Donington last time I tried so something is working :D

Your mk1 turbo was a monster on road but on track was no match for car number 1, with half the power.

Homo spec mazda
Shirley that's with phil driving? :)

Ye I'm not sure i can be arsed with the manifold but the rest is over tempting :) I know all the mods changed a but each but from reading your project it does seem like the remap was the biggest just for removing the Ecu's nannying state.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I spent a bit of time in one recently with a customer, the steering and gearbox are a great match and always felt so agile and fun even at low speeds.

Great purchase!

Homo spec mazda
Bit of an update, done a few small bits to the car but more to come, I feel like this ones a keeper, Really enjoying it :)

IMG_1589_zps388ced02.jpg

IMG_1585_zpsbd9c3883.jpg

IMG_1588_zpsd3e39117.jpg

IMG_1594_zpsb8f0d06c.jpg

IMG_1591_zps0a42b92e.jpg

Alcantara Gaiters + A heavy Leather clean with Gliptone = no more shiny leather!
IMG_1599_zps20b40d7a.jpg

IMG_1582_zps4ea773ef.jpg

Homo spec mazda
They are indeed! Really good quality and my dream interior consists of alcantara, carbon and leather so I'm 2 thirds of the way!

Have you spoke to joey recently?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
They are indeed! Really good quality and my dream interior consists of alcantara, carbon and leather so I'm 2 thirds of the way!

Have you spoke to joey recently?

Nice i'll get some ordered then as just wasn't sure on the quality at that price?!

Me? nope, why is he selling me the door bars now ;)

Homo spec mazda
Quick update will get pictures when it's clean and I've set the height but water day I drove to Sheffield and collected a lovely set if meister R coilovers from rodders. Really impressed with them so far.
E48A53EB-1EF0-42A0-AE8A-70BBFCC55D4E-383-000000244C420D62_zps900064cb.jpg