ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet Another Wheel Bearing!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I had my n/s front wheel bearing done a few weeks ago at the same time I had new brake pads fitted. On Sunday on the drive back form the South East Westerham meet I heard my o/s front bearing whining a little. By the time I got home the wheel was pretty damn hot. I had to take her out again yesterday and the darn bearing was singing it's little heart out. It's now booked in to have the bearing done on Friday.

I am begining to wonder whether I will ever manage to get her into the body shop to get her kit fitted. She was totally fine during her warranty period, but the past year things have started to go wrong. So far I've had two coils replaced, the n/s front bearing done, front brakes done and now the o/s front bearing. I also know I have yet another coil on it's way out. The joys of owning a Renault eh? lol

BMW M135i
Aye, the 1.6's love eating coils!

When one of mine started going, rather than pay £35 each for them I got 4 off ebay for £60 and changed the lot along with the plugs. Haven't had a problem since (touch wood) and that was 6 months ago, plus it made it drive so much better.

Mazda MX5 1.8
all 4 of mine were changed when it was about a year old
its been fine since although i fear a faliure can only be so far away!

Mazda MX5 1.8
becomes really lumpy, engine wobbles about and it sounds like a v8 lol

and f**ks up ur cat due to unburnt fuel being thrown into it

all in all...... not good

BMW M135i
Sounds like it, its missfiring basically due to lack of spark hence vibration and unburnt fuel. If you start it up and disconnect/reconnect the coil packs one by one it won't get worse when you disconnect one of them and thats the one to change.

BMW M135i
£36ish or so from renault. If its under warrenty then just book it in with renault, might end up with a new cat out of it if you have to wait.

Failing that seeing as you in hinckley i've got a used (but working fine) one you could have for a fiver fitted ;).

its not under warranty with renault,its with the garage i bought it from all the way up in sc**thorpe!!lol.but he said if you have a problem give us a ring and then send the bill onto us.
I would have thought he would pay for it as hes a very decent and reputable garage but if no luck i will be calling your way you absolute :star:

ps sorry ive stolen your thread debz :eek:

BMW M135i
Well you'll be able to get one from sutton park no worries and if they'll pay then happy days.

Though having read your post again i'm not 100% its coils actually so i'd test first, could be something else. If you want me to have a look sure give me a shout.

they have a pc (thats it) and they can order stuff, its like 2 working days delivery so not bad at all,ordered my modus aerial yesterday so will be collecting that tomorrow at same time

BMW M135i
Ah right I see, sod that will go to cov and its all next/same day and they keep the common bits in stock.

i dont mind cos its only 2 minute drive for me and if its that cheap they will order over phone anyway so just pick up