ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet More Bearing To Be replaced.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I took my car in last week to get the o/s front bearing sorted. (Had already had the n/s done two weeks before). Now I have had to book her in for the rear bearings to be done too. It's the o/s rear that's gone, but I might as well get both done to save me the hastle of taking it in again in another week or so to have the other one done. I know Renault bearings are crap, but I will have replaced all four wheel bearings in the last month. My car has only done 16828 miles! :(

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
No Brian, I'm in Surrey, Near Epsom. Why do you ask?

Its just Milton Keynes has more roundabouts than any other place in the country, the garages will tell you they replace more bearings and tyres than anything else. ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
i'd only get the knackered ones replaced

I did that with the first bearing Fred (n/s front), then the o/s front went two weeks later. The o/s rear started the same day as the o/s front was done. Oh and before you consider that the garage may be doing a number on me, I knew the o/s rear was a little suspect a while ago, but it wasn't playing up much so I left it. The reasoning behind changing both the rears at the same time is, knowing my luck (and the fact that Renault bearings seem to be crap), I'll only end up back at the garage in a week or so when the other blasted bearing decides to go. So kill two birds with one stone and get them both done and that hopefully should be the end of it all. ~Crosses fingers~

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
4 bearings after 16k miles?!!! you got 22" wheels or something lol

i always replace mine in pairs when doing them but im not paying a garage to do it so its not really any hastle anyway.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
No Brian, I'm in Surrey, Near Epsom. Why do you ask?

Its just Milton Keynes has more roundabouts than any other place in the country, the garages will tell you they replace more bearings and tyres than anything else. ;)

Well I do like roundabouts, but the lads at my garage reckon that Renaults are bad for bearings anyway. Dunc had one done on his Meggy, but his car is alot older so we kind of expected it. I wasn't however prepared for all four of mine to go so bloody quickly. Although as I said I do like roundabouts, I am not an absolute nutter and as far as I am aware don't give it excessive wellie around them.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
4 bearings after 16k miles?!!! you got 22" wheels or something lol

i always replace mine in pairs when doing them but im not paying a garage to do it so its not really any hastle anyway.

I'm a tad shocked at having to replace 4 bearings on such low mileage too. Noooo, don't have huge wheels either, just 16" OZ Super T GT's.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Think i'm gonna need one, but hopefully the kind fellas at yozzasport will let me know tomorrow :)

Clio Dynamique
I had the rear n/s replaced when I had 36k service at Renault, I new it had gone and had done a fair bit of mileage with it knackered. Was called to be told the bearing had seized into the drum so they had to replace that as well, best bit of all as it was all covered under warranty. Just out of warranty now and got a bearing going again, sounds like same one :(