ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yet more problems

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

OK my airbag light intermittently comes on when i lift the passenger seat to allow someone into the back and did so today, so i lifted the seat and put it back down a couple of times as this usually solves it, which it did but presented another problem. My auto headlights now do not work and i have to turn them on manually, ive tried switching from off to sidelights twice and hear the beep but to no avail they still aint workin. Can anyone shed any light on this or am i just to get used to this sort of thing now being a renault owner?

Cheers, Dave.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Sear belt tensioner is attached to bottom of seat, my saxo used to have this problem was just loose wire under seat.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

yeah the airbag light/seat problem is a common fault im led to believe but how could this have caused the auto headlights to not work?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

hmm actually ill try it again later as its possible i suppose that some cloud has cleared or something and its now a little lighter out.

Had this problem on my 1.2, just took it back and they adjusted the lenght of the wire thats all.

Light came on at speed! thought the fookin thing was gonna go off in my face!

Quote: Originally posted by Yorks182 on 13 April 2004

Had this problem on my 1.2, just took it back and they adjusted the lenght of the wire thats all.
Light came on at speed! thought the fookin thing was gonna go off in my face!
If the lights on the the airbag wont come one (well it shouldnt)

The wiring is a known problem, Renault just leave it as its probably cheaper to fix it on the affected cars than redesign the parts.