ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yokahama A539

Suzuki SV1000S

Are these tyres any good? Have been qouted £57 inc fitting and balancing - But want some good tyres, How do they compare to the Uni-royal rainsports and contis.

ive had a few sets of these and agree with the post above

superb in the dry, little twitchy in the wet i found

Have to agree they are extremely good in the dry. In the wet they tend to spin a lot but still allow you to keep control of the car just like the old A510s. You should not disguard them just cos of the wet issue tho. The micellin ones on the 182s are very good in both dry and wet.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..Eagle F1 GSD3, the search will also reveal many tyre discussions. currently running the A539 and they can be twitchy in the wet when you push it, but it depends on your driving style and technique, if you drive hard in the wet you can expect problems eh :cool:

Suzuki SV1000S

cheers guys am going to go for the A539s then, Am sure they will be better than my current ones anyway, lol!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by Gregga on 21 January 2005

ive had a few sets of these and agree with the post above

superb in the dry, little twitchy in the wet i found
a little more like loads, can wheel spin in 3rd with these tyres, ok in the wet pants in the dry, goodyear eagle f1s or pe2

Black 182 + Recaros

Ive just replaced all 4 Continentals with Michelin Exalto PE2s, and have to say Im very impressed.

The difference is huge. It feels so much better, in both the wet and dry.

Forget about the A539s. I thought they were rubbish on the 172.

they are only bad in the wet if you run with silly pressures.

I have them on, and have had for ages. they are brilliant

go for the 205 45 16 rather than the 195.

good choice.

/y0z

BMW 328 Ci

Had mine on over year now, I didnt have much to compare them to apart from the 135 rubber bands that were on before. So obvoiusly for me they felt amazing. Didnt notice to mcuh difference in the wet, except I have just now started to get a bit of wheelspin, when i first got them I had none.

Suzuki SV1000S

mmm Well I shall see if R-tec do the Michelin Exaltos otherwise the only other option with them is Falcons or Falder or something..

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Ive had A539,s on my car for the past 2years&in the dry they are the nuts but in the wet they are very twitchy!! I would seriously say no to buying theses well again. I changed my fronts to BF GOODRICH G-FORCE!!!! IMO I think these are the new kids on the block. Well worth the money&have awicked tyre pattern as well. Pm me for anymore details:D

TDI tyre shreader

I like the yokos on my 172, I love it how everyone calls them sh*te in the wet, has anyone actually found a tyre thats good in the wet? i aint

Black 182 + Recaros

Jones - Im surprised you say that. With the A539s, in the wet I found the car would slide sideways when taking corners quickly. I found myself driving a lot slower in the wet because I lost all confidence.

I never had that problem with the Contis. I was always amazed how quick you could drive in the wet. I was even more surprised when I purchased the Exaltos.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

depends what your looking for in a tyre mate, check mytyres they show you a test and a rating of tyres and goodyear and michelin have come up the best, thats with tyres with stiffened sidewalls mind

Black 182 + Recaros

Jones-

"....has anyone actually found a tyre thats good in the wet? i aint "

Which tyres have you tried mate ? No tyre will be as good in the wet, but there a very good wet tyres.

Black 182 + Recaros

George16v,
" ....am going to put off buying these until a decision is made on this post as too which is the best.. "

Well youll be waiting a long time mate;). I think youll find the majority of 172/182 owners prefer Exaltos, F1s and Contis. They seem to suit this car very well.