ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yoko prada or Proxy T-1R

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
^ A man who speaks the truth, come the better weather you'll realise why they are so good.

Easily one of the gripiest dry day road tyre about.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I had Prada's on my MX-5 turbo and i've got T1-R's on my TVR. Both are great tyres. Just go with the cheapest.

S4 Avant
I can only speculate, as I've not had both sets of tires, but I can't see eagle f1s being any better for the money than paradas.

As long as you don't drive on the limit in the wet (which you're a tool, asking to crash if you do) then paradas will be fine. Epic dry grip.

S3, Polo
Paradas are sh!te in the Winter but as stated, awesome in the dry.

I've been nothing but impressed with PE2's in this weather (I normally fit T1-R's or GSD3's).

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Best allround road tyre is the hankook v12. If you're planning any track work, the rs2 is a good bet. The v12 is a better tyre than the t1r in the dry, far better. Destroys it in the wet.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Prada's will last 2 seconds, grippy but soft.

F1's are very good tyres. The asyrmmetric's do seem a little soft though as mine are wearing quicker than the old GSD3 F1's.

Hankook V12 or S1 Evo are than better than both and much cheaper.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair it's mostly dry in Mexico so you should get yokos.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Are they grippier in your opinion?

It was a joke btw, there are lots of tyres out there you could argue all day.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Hankook's are more expensive up here lol

Although for 225/35/18 they are £2 cheaper lol

Megane RS 250
Parada are for posers, they just melt with spirited driving, especially on track! I've had the T1R on the Mini, they weren't bad but not exceptional, i found the Goodrich Profiler GForce superior.

By now I think the best all rounder are the Bridgestone Re050A. I'll pick them or the PE2 for the next set.

Cooksport Fleet
Took paradas on track, and after 2 10min sessions, canvass was showing.

T1-Rs are good go for them out of the 2 :)

White Sti Hatch
t1-Rs get my vote ! good when there warm on a dry road (dosnt happen very often) seem to cope with the Charger on the 9 well too :)

Megane RS 250
BioHZRD am I wrong or are theree motivator pics with your avatar in them? Eyes of different colors i think....

RSC 182 Cup
Do you guys get the Toyo R1R? It's a step up from the T1R, but apparently has softer sidewalls than some of the competition (eg. Yoko AD08 / Bridgestone RE11.)
http://www.toyo.com.au/Proxes%20R1R.htm

I've just bought some Bridgestone RE11 (downsized to 15" rims) and in the dry they easily corner faster than my 16" PE2's. I haven't driven in the wet on them yet. I got the RE11's from the USA.

White Sti Hatch
R1R's are the mid point between T1R's and R888 i was looking for them when i needed new tyres on th 9 but they dont seem to be stocked ne where in the UK

RSC 182 Cup
They're popular in the USA (along with the AD08's and RE-11's) for their "weekend warrior" type street car racers. From the reviews I read they grip very well but the steering response isn't quite up to the competition. I'd say they're miles better than the T1R's from what I've read on them on many forums.

It's a change for Australia to get a tyre model you guys don't get! :) PE2's are hard to source here and then only available in 205/45R16- they're not a normal line for Michelin to bring in. We don't get AD08's in anything under 17" (IIRC?) and I had to import my RE-11's from the USA - they're not sold here at all.

Rusty Cup
When i had my paradas on i tried to take a 90 degree left doing about 5mph, my car carried straight on and all i could do was thank god no-one was driving down the other side of the road.

I hate paradas, yea they're good in the dry but dangerous in the wet.

Got T1-r's at the mo they seem fine, nothing special but pretty cheap. Tempted to try hankook next :)