ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York 2003 Discussion !

williams and trophy

hehe.

well i kinda breached this subject earlier only with a golf vs clio day cos i know for def that the golf boys are up for it ............ and it would make it a lot cheaper and get more mag coverage too.

and i can have a word with mick and see if we can get it a little cheaper as well.

but yeah im there. as usual lol

jon

Clio 172 cup

Count me in too!

I only live 30 minutes away so I have no excuse really

Chavboy- could you do some more of your excellent cliosport posters with our names on for the back window? Tried to keep mine safe but our dog chewed it up:mad:

cheers

Jim

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 06 December 2002

hehe.

well i kinda breached this subject earlier only with a golf vs clio day cos i know for def that the golf boys are up for it ............ and it would make it a lot cheaper and get more mag coverage too.

and i can have a word with mick and see if we can get it a little cheaper as well.

but yeah im there. as usual lol

jon

stil early days jon so anythins possible, id defo appreciate it if you could have a word with the owner on my (or clubs?) behalf

mk2 172

yeah jon, we had already started the ball rolling a while ago to sort it out, steve murty gave us that price didnt he and the vw guys were sorted, well ask him again on bruns behalf

If you are struggling for numbers you could do what the pug boys do and make it a French car day...

I would definetly be up for going along if you did and Im sure I could get a few others along. Plus might create a bit more magazine interest!

Failing that can I stick a Reno badge on my car and come along anyway???

Skoda Fabia vRS

lol, i wouldnt mind you comin at all mate as you seem a decent guy, but i dont think the members would want a load of Saxos there hehe

mk2 172

ill more than likely be running the sax altough with a cliosport sticker fitted:D, that is of course unless someone gives me a gearbox and clutch for a williams. be good time to settle those grudge matches hehe

vts vs 16v

blown vtr vs 172 & turbo 16v

or maybe even turbo172? vs turbo 16v that would be a right grudge match,lol, i know nick would run engine scaring boost for that scalp

320d M Sport

I cant wait to take the car down the strip, Itll be the first time i been. Plus Im dying to go against VTS, S/C VTR (they aint slow!!!) and CTR...oh yes.

Paddy

This is going to be awesome ! A french car day sounds good fun too if we cannot get the numbers but with all this interest then I do not see a problem getting 100 and could even be very close to 150-200 anyway !

When I was at York in October there were far more cars than 200 and I got a good number of runs in and had to take breaks in the end to give the car a rest.

HardcoreSax, get a cliosport.net sticker and you can come ! LOL ! I wanna rematch anyway ! Your S/C VTR is rap... rap... rap... rapido !!!!!!!!!!!
:D

BRUN, do I take it that this is obviously going to be on a weekend ? What month you looking at ?

williams and trophy

well how about get the 25 quickest cars from 4 clubs and have a massive shootout between them for £??

then have a RWYB charge say £5

then have a show n shine/concourse but charge say maybe a fiver

sound offs to pay entrance too

say the hire is 3500, we say well give u 3k and u can keep the charges for evrything else i.e sound off RWYB +entrances....

only a ruff idea wot u reckon??

keep it cliosport, renault sport etc. sod the other clubs its a cliosport event!!

i should be there ( where is it?? ) and may be able to bring my mate, although he aint a member hell be willing to pay and is running a 280bhp ish R5 turbo!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

I lived in York for 20 years - Do u strictly want to keep it a clio thing cos i could get 30/40 cars up there cos I know lots of people you use the strip regularly

BMW 320d Sport

well to my mind its either Cliosport only, Renault only (ie. Cliosport presents Renault National Day at York Dragstrip), or French cars only (Renault/Peugeot/Citroen). If either of the latter options then we need to set a limit of how many from each club, just off the top of my head there would be Cliosport, Renault Sports Club, Renault Turbo Owners Club, Peugeot Sport Club, Saxo Sports Club, I dont know if theres a general Citroen club cos there have never been any fast Citroens ever. Anyway wed need to get the other clubs to carefully choose their fastest entrants so we dont get anyone turning up in a white baseball cap with Burberry mudflaps on their Saxo; serious motors only, no Westcoasts on 19s.

Skoda Fabia vRS

not sure what your gettin at Nick with the above post

dont want this to just be the fastest cars, was hopin for a good day out for everyone from clio sport

plus i wanna stick my car up against some other RTs an these 1.2 16v boys who reckon they can beat anythin hehe

i know how you mean about the Saxos though, i defo dont want to organise a big saxo day, reno day if we cant get enough C/S members

williams and trophy

well it depends if u just want to have a good day out

or if u want to have a good day out and scalp some of the fastest motors in england to top it off

lol

personally id go for what it was originally ............an inter-club shootout

get more intrest ,more ppl paying and more mag coverage, even showing the saxo/golf/pug boys up in their own mags lol

add a few other things to do than just race too tho.and if we can put a bit of coin into murtys pocket too .............who knows 2004 could be 1 of the biggest events held lol and we could stipulate that whatever profit he makes at least 1/2 goes back into the strip. which is benefitting all of us really

cheers

jon

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah sorry Brun it wasnt very clear mate, what Im really thinking is making sure it doesnt get hijacked by a load of Saxos in particular, plus it only seems fair that the club that organises it gets the most members there. I mean that you can count on any Renaults turning up being serious enthusiasts, same goes for the Peugeot crowd, with the Saxos theres a big chance of a load of nobs turning up if its open to all comers from SSC.

Inter-club classes I think would work, eg. Under 1400cc, 1401-1600, 1601-1800, 1801-2000, 2000+, then cc class having a normally aspirated and forced induction sub- division (running a 1.4 RT against a GTT wouldnt be very fair!). Any mods allowed in any class, but whether to include nitrous in NA or FI I dont know. A show n shine comp would be nice, obviously this would be classless.

williams and trophy

well in the competions i was in last year the nitroused cars went in the same class as the turbos. n/a means just that. naturally aspirated i.e no forced induction of any kind

To be honest I think if you made this into an interclub shoot out I dont think you would get a great numbers of Saxos coming along to actually race.

From what Ive seen there will only be limited numbers of the SSC who would want to take their car down the strip especially if they had to go all the way to York to do it.

I can remember the last RWYB at York that i went too that was billed as a sort of cruise/rwyb it was heavily plugged on the SSC forum and not many turned up on the day.

Shouldnt be too hard to get some of the faster Saxos along though as they tend to be owned by the sort of people who go to these events anyway.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by The_Raiderman on 06 December 2002

Chavboy- could you do some more of your excellent cliosport posters with our names on for the back window? Tried to keep mine safe but our dog chewed it up

Jim, sorry been busy and only just seen this but yerr worries matey.

Ivan

I still have the original one but I tried to iron out the creases and all the ink run ! LOL ! So please please please Ivan can you make me anuva one if that is too much trouble.....
:D

williams and trophy

hehe just one thing tho..

can u make the names in bolder and bigger letters cos my cam couldnt pick up the names when on the strip

jon

ps clean....... as nitrous is forced into the inlet side of things under pressure...id say that constitutes forced induction altho same can be said for ram airs etc. or can it?????lol

williams and trophy

well it depends on wen i next see him mate lol

my mate with the golf has his no. but i doubt hell giv it to me seein as tho it dont look like hes invited

williams and trophy

nah mate its micheal , his kid , il prob see him around some time or other maybe.

but theyll be going through all the agms etc to make up next years calendar soon i.e. mid jan