ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York...... Run What You’ve Brung.....

the TB trumpets sitting above the exhaust manifold isnt a good idea. I recently saw an ad in CCC for 180 degree trumpets that will allow you to have them facing forward with a proper filter. That should give you quite a few extra bhp. Looks mint otherwise. How much did u spend on your mods and have you touched the brakes/suspension too?

Cheers, P

I have an Izuzu Trooper / Vauxhall Monteray bonnet scoop fitted to get a decent cold air feed to the trumpets. I have an ITG air filter which covers all the trumpets whilst driving it on the track or road.... SBD kit is reckoned to be 208Bhp, but once i have stainless manifold fitted ill be taking a trip to SBD to get the car mapped up properly, which should hopefully release a few more horses!

Ive got Bilstein suspension all round with tarmac spec springs, rear disk conversion (astra GSi gear with Hi-Spec cross drilled disks) up front Vectra V6 Calibra Turbo calipers & 288mm cross drilled disks.... still got an uprated Helix clutch to be fitted.

Ive had the car for over 10 years now, and lost count the amount ive spent!! throttle bodies was one of the last major mods i wanted to do!

Cheers

i suppose we then get to the question why !!! its like a lad here with a bright pink corsa the amount of money he has spent on it is stupid and its still a corsa !!

i was gonna say atleast she does things for you but then i thought no your married that all stopped th enight of the weading :D

LOL!!

I have my own house which i share with the other half, i to, keep her happy by treating her and sorting / buying things for the house etc!

Also what i ever i spend on the car is saved up for first!! i owe nowt on the car, which i suppose allows me to modify as and when i can afford it!

I know quite a few people within the club who borrow bucket loads of money to modify there cars, then they spend forever paying it off!! not good!

Cheers

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 25 April 2003

the TB trumpets sitting above the exhaust manifold isnt a good idea.
They dont?!

On that engine, the exhaust manifold is on the front of the engine and the inlet manifold (& TBs in this case) is at the rear of the engine.

No probs.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 25 April 2003

True. Mind you, I have a wife, and Ive spent loads on her and shes still a wife.....
LOL

Quality Mike... ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

So Nick youve finally got them TBs fitted... :D

You had it all setup on the rollers and driven it yet?!

Jamie is getting his engine back soon (or has got it bacK) and there was mention of TBs when I spoke to him last. He has spent some serious dollar on that engine and it will be very quick!

My Rallye ran a 15.1 at York on Monday though, so fookin good for a standard car with all the interior still fitted! :D

why bother f**king novas are abhorations.

pants hows he get traction down through a mank chasis to start with?

he prob get 2p for it when he sells it.

but each to their own

williams and trophy

172 man i think ur being a little harsh there lol

the main reason i decided on a willy is cos my valver coudnt get anywhere near the 2litre nova boys at york.

but a willy on bodies will be more than a match for any nova 2litre on bodies ..........................an a 14.6 with no mods is sure to be low 13s when ive finished heheheheheh

watch this space

Very nice setup mate, very nice.....top job, the cars not for me, but the engine is. Its far easier to get power out of the XE lump than the F7 lump.........

philip, those 180 trumpets, awful for flow patterns and a last resort....id rather cut into the bulkhead.

clio 20v

2l novas are ace my mate has one it cost him 2k

i cant think of any car for 2k thats faster, he ran a 14.6 at york narrowly beating jon by a very small margin

it really doesnt handle tho i leave it on the twisties

adi

Who rattled your cage...172man!!!

Each to there own i say...... i know a couple of people who have clios a 172 MK1 and a cup...... like both cars alot and would even consider having one! everything about them i like and straight out the show room theres not alot which can touchum well Civic Type R i suppose........

So calm down! i dont call your car!!!

Rich.... yep finally all in, just waiting for JP Exhausts to finish polished stainless manifold, then got to arrange a trip to SBD to get mapped up!

So whats Jamie done to his engine then? and when did you last speak to him?

Cheers

Nick

Elise/VX220/R26

Are you in the PNG? Does the car have red seat and sparcos in the back? I think I might know you if thats the car im thinking of :)

Elise/VX220/R26

PS Novas are superb cars, what other cars of that age are still so popular? I had a 1.3SR I used to show and I loved it. For young drivers theyre unbeatable. Weigh about as much as the driver and look pretty good too with the right mods. I would think a lot of the old nova boys are buying 172s now (like me )

I think that looks cool and as a former Nova owner (Gsi) I can appreciate where everyone is coming from but I love my Cup more than any other Car Ive had but its each to there own....And TBs rule!!!!

clio 20v

paddy didnt u race my mates yellow 2l nova

clio-anorak are u nick caro who organises the nw meets of the performance nova/corsa group

adi

BenR, yes I imagine the 180 trumpets cant be as good as straight ones. Do you have any links to reading material on TB setup pros/cons etc, Im interested to learn more about the effect of trumpet lengths, manifold setup, injector size etc. etc. before I start looking at TBs. Also if I have my Unichip fitted end May, will I be able to use it to control a TB setup as the unichip can control up to four separate injectors? Otherwise Id be wasting money on the unichip for my phase 1 mods and might as well go for a cheaper superchip if Im going to change the ECU again for TBs