ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You couldn't make it up!

Ultra Red Megane 175
Whilst driving home from rugby last week I exited the M4 westbound at the A465 junction, and noticed a white van tailgating another car coming onto the M4, he then proceeded to swerve around this car onto the hard shoulder and accelerated passed; even though the car in front was indicating to pull off onto the M4.

By this point I had driven on around 100 yards in front of the van, positioning myself in the right hand lane on the approach to the Llandarcy roundabout. As I began to slow down around 100 yards from the junction, I glanced in my rear-view to see the same van hurtling towards me at what seemed like around 70-80mph (and was still accelerating) - judging by my speed of around 40-50mph. I thought straight away there is absolutely no chance of him stopping and warned my father in the passenger seat of the inevitable collision. Lo and behold, the van absolutely smashed into the back of me, shunting me on about 50 yards. I thought straight away that the back of my car must be mullered and both of us in the car were in shock.

I stalled the car at the roundabout, and my father signalled to the driver (who had pulled into the left hand lane), to pull over, he looked back at us with a vacant, glassy look in his eyes. Instantly we both thought "he's pissed". By the time I'd fired the Trophy up again, he'd slipped onto the roundabout in between the traffic - and drove off!!

Luckily my father had the presence of mind to watch the other side of the roundabout to watch him passing - he didn't so we figured he'd gone back onto the M4 westbound via the opposite slip road. We gave chase and caught up with him at the next junction driving with no lights on! He proceeded to slow down to around 40mph, swerving to try and get off the M4 and lose us. By this time my father had called the police and gave them a running commentary. The officer advised us to stop following him after we'd provided the license plate etc.

I found out later that the van driver reported the incident a few hours later, claiming he's diabetic to explain his erratic behaviour!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
what an arse, least you have told your version of events.

i take it he is paying for any damage to your bus?

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I hope yours and your dads necks are ok. ;)

Seriously, hope your both ok, sounds like you were both switched on in the situation and hopefully it will all get sorted.

How is the car?

Ultra Red Megane 175
what an arse, least you have told your version of events.

i take it he is paying for any damage to your bus?

Still waiting for the police to finish their enquiries etc.

The car has been to Renault for an inspection, and thankfully there isn't alot of damage to the car, just needs a new rear bumper. I've been to the hospital and I've definitely got whiplash, still undecided whether or not to claim for that.

Ad

MK2 FRS
how bizarre. At least the car is fixable.

Something tells me he might have been drinking!

Mountune Tractor
'the van absolutely smashed into the back of me, shunting me on about 50 yards.'

You have got to be joking me mate, 50 yard shunt at estimated 40-50mph and you only need a rear bumper? I would get a second opinion......

Ultra Red Megane 175
'the van absolutely smashed into the back of me, shunting me on about 50 yards.'

You have got to be joking me mate, 50 yard shunt at estimated 40-50mph and you only need a rear bumper? I would get a second opinion......

I think the fact that I was still doing about 50mph when he hit me contributed to the distance I travelled. Or I may have misjudged the distances due to me being completely stunned!

They had it up on the ramps to check underneath and everything is in order. May take your advice though...

Mountune Tractor

I think the fact that I was still doing about 50mph when he hit me contributed to the distance I travelled. Or I may have misjudged the distances due to me being completely stunned!

They had it up on the ramps to check underneath and everything is in order. May take your advice though...

I'm not disputing what you said and afterall you were in the car and you know what the damage is like. just a thought though for 2nd opinion.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Definately claim for that whiplash. Then there's the mental anguish as well... And let's not forget the LCD TV that was in the boot that broke when he hit you...

Dan

C

Clio_Craig

Definately claim for that whiplash. Then there's the mental anguish as well... And let's not forget the LCD TV that was in the boot that broke when he hit you...

Dan

you know it m8 lol

hope ur both ok and get it all sorted fella
all the best

black gold 182
ive had a similar one - half way round a round-about a land rover hit me from an exit side on - as he couldnt stop in time, he then turned his lights off so i couldnt get his plate and fooked off, leaving me sittin there in a written off 106.

most important thing to do in these situations is get the reg, then kick the f*k out of them before they can get away.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
diabetic eh! buy him a mars bar and ram it down his throat along with his front teeth!

****absolutely no offence towards anyone who is diabetic by the way****

diabetic eh! buy him a mars bar and ram it down his throat along with his front teeth!

****absolutely no offence towards anyone who is diabetic by the way****

Kinda hard not to take offence mate, i dont like mars bars, I'd prefer a crunchie :dapprove:

Clio
Id sue for whiplash...i studed Law and it is an easy claim...thats is a sh*t thoue...god dam white vans!!!

Dom

Ultra Red Megane 175

I'm not disputing what you said and afterall you were in the car and you know what the damage is like. just a thought though for 2nd opinion.

Of course mate, I'll probably take your advice as I've been out for another look and one of the exhaust pipes seems to be sticking out a few inches further than the other - even though it doesn't feel loose or anything.

Forgot to mention previously that the guy had a young lad in the van with him at the time, no older than 10!

i would have continued to follow him... not to be aggressive but just to try and talk it over with him.