ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You Don’t Want To See Me When I’m Angry..

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Dropping Hughs car off at Renault today
to get the springs sorted.

Come out 10 mins later to find a huge scratch down the nearside rear quarter - fuming isnt the word. Must have been somebody walking past as there were no cars parked by me. Luckily there was nobody about- as I have a red mist temper and I could of killed.
I was so angry I cried...

Go back in & kick off at Renault - as it wasnt parked in their car park, all of 5 spaces which are always full - theres not much they could do but they have offered to get it repaired at cost price £180 instead of £280. So car will be going into bodyshop at end of Feb to get this repaired. Surprisingly theirs was the cheapest quote I got today highest was £467???

I seriously dont know why we bother to get and look after nice cars - when there are so many people out there that have no respect for anybody elses property.

Rant Over

H

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1076335066__IMG_0285.jpg

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Its gone through to the base coat and when you run your finger nail over it - it catches. So I dont think I can T Cut it out

H

Nippy white cup

Really sorry to see it m8. The most annoying thing is having no idea who has done it and not being able to do anything about it!!:mad:

Chris

Know what you mean m8, was up the industrial estate 2day where tey ahbe all the garages, nice 2 year old golf parked at the side of the road, 2 cars comming, one stops and the the other just keeps vopmming you could see he wouldnt get through the gap, puts a nice scratcgh down the side of the golf, so when he stops at the end of the road i go up to him and knock on the window, explain what he has done, its an old couple, they just say i muast ahve ben mistaken and drive off, so i stick a note under the guys wiper wiht his reg number. Couldnt believe that!

Gutting mate.

Nightmare if they cant offer you more than a roadside parking space - I wouldnt be happy with that - as effectively youre leaving it in their care and its not good service.

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by CUP80Y on 09 February 2004

Nightmare if they cant offer you more than a roadside parking space - I wouldnt be happy with that - as effectively youre leaving it in their care and its not good service.
It was the other car that they were dropping off though, not the one that got scratched, so it wasnt in Renaults care, still annoying that they dont have enough customer parking though.

i hate it wen selfish buggers do that, i had a supercharged mx-5 and some git prised the badges off with a knife, i cried too. if it happens to my new cup i will kill someone.

Mondeo STTDCI

In honesty I would only ever get that done by a bodyshop or Reno. Chipsaway get too many dissatisfied customers.

They are all franchises (chipsaway), so technically all independent businesses running under the name chipsaway. Some owners are bound to be better than others. I have heard good and bad, so the key is to kind one that is good, and stick with them.

Abarth 595 Trufeo

My local Chipsaway guy cant do it - too busy..
The Brighton Chipsaway guy is too expensive - so off to the bodyshop she will go.

Shes due in on the 24th & Im hoping to have her back the very next day as we fly out to Vegas on the 26th.

I really do not want to leave her at the body shop for 2 weeks - I dread to think how many people would have thrashed her and put 100s miles on her after discontecting the tacho...

H

hehe, just leave the fuel tank literally on empty, so the little warning light is on, if they wanna thrash it theyre gonna have to pay for the petrol atleast

complete b*stard! i tell you what i would have gone on mission if that was my car and wouldnt have stopped until i drew blood! i was bad enough when someone nudged my back end in car park, bloody lucky she didnt cause any damage otherwise i was so angry i would have caused damage to her car and her! :mad:

b******s, b******s, b******s !!! :mad: Chipsaway could have been a good answer - they did the one on mine and did an excellent job.

feel for ya hon

K

No way of touching it up yourself? Would be much cheaper and with enough enough probaly look as good as a bodyshop. I made a huge post a while back on how to do it even to quite deep srached (Ive had lots to scratch to practice on):(

My sympathy goes out to you tomboy, i was washing my silver 172 sport on Sunday and noticed a red bit of paint on the drivers side door trim.... well its more like pink... presume someones caught my door with theirs or something... wasnt happy... not sure how im supposed to get rid of that? a little round blob the size of a small finger nail.....

You know i would love to catch someone doing it, not just to my car but to someone elses... Done kickboxing now for 12 years and did a stint in the Marines 3 year ago, and i would love a live target!... :D

sorry to hear that hun

i agree with u it makes u wonder why u boter to look after ure car what tw*t do things like this

if u find them i will personly come over and help u beat 7 different shades out of them

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support.

Its nice to know that you lot can be relied upon.

H