ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

you get what you pay for.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
This is what my ds2500 looked like after 100(ish) track miles and about 2000 easy road miles. Track miles were at Donnington at zero ambient temp. No more than 15mins at a time.

20130710_132618.jpg

This is what pagid blue look like after 150 track miles and about 500 road miles. Track was Oulton, ambient temp of 15-20, sessions upto 30 mins.

20130822_102558.jpg

Worth every penny of the extra £60.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
As said previously Phil, looks like they've got too hot due to not being filed down/wedged in too tight.

The DS3000 would be a better comparison/alternative to the blues as similar spec and more suited to your use of out and out track car mate

I can also now supply the blues since you asked me when you got your discs recently

Lol them ds2500 are shocking.

Don't get why they are so highly rated?? Iirc sbridgey had the same problem not long back.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
My 2500's were the same after a day at Bedford in Feb but it trenched the life out of the discs to.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
As said previously Phil, looks like they've got too hot due to not being filed down/wedged in too tight.

The DS3000 would be a better comparison/alternative to the blues as similar spec and more suited to your use of out and out track car mate

I can also now supply the blues since you asked me when you got your discs recently
Good news although these look like they will last a long time for me.

I just wanted to show my experience. People constantly ask for comparisons. This is mine and with pics.

If fitted properly they are fine.

Did 4 track days on DS2500's - sold them to a mate when I got 4 pots and he's done 2 more full days on them and they still have meat on them.

DS2500's in my 4 pots have done 4 full days and 6,000ish road use - still only half worn

Last set of ds2500s I had in did 14k and 4 trackdays. As said you need to file them down till they have around about 1mm clearance each side to allow for heat expansion, as a rough guide till the two lips are filled flat with center on pad sides.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Like I said this is just my experience with my driving style.

1 set of pads killed on a cold winters day the other fine in summer with more miles.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Because the pads backing plate has been in use for years on other Renault's. Renault then decided to tweek the design for the X65 by adding a shim to the assembly and not everyone bothered reducing the plate dimension to suit by around -1mm

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just the contact edges. You could always whip the shims out though and they'll fit.

Lionel Richie
nope, to stop the pads rattling in the calipers (only an issue at slow speed) ie if you reverse and hit the brakes you'll get a clunk, go forwards again, clunk

people forget that materials expand when hot, if the pads JUST fit when cold, they'll bind in the caliper when red hot = crumbled edges on the pads/over heated material = f**ked

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Anti rattle, help with heat transfer/thermal bridging and aid with stopping the pads sticking in the carrier.

You can run without them though, we did it fine for years before.

How much do you recommend filing down the pads in 4 pot brembos.?

I have around 4-5mm side to side movement, too much or to little? Have them anti rattle backing plate things fitted too.

They clonk at low speeds and squeel like a shot pig when hot.:)

172 cup, Impreza P1
I filed mine down about 1mm a side and never had any binding issues with the DS2500's but never found them very good on track. Fitted some Blues and what a difference. Lost count how many trackdays I've done on them and they still have a few days left. Very impressed with Pagid Blue pads and will only use them now.

I heard you couldn't get them for 4 pots which actually puts me of getting them as the car stops well with just the pagid blues and some brembo max discs.