ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young driver + mods. Any insurers?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Anbody have any experience with insurance companies that are "ok" with mods as a young driver?

I don't mind paying out a bit more to have mods, but I'm currently with Churchil (they were cheapest out of those I checked) and they don't allow mods.

Will be things like interior mods, exhaust, lowered and change of alloys... I'm 18 with 0 no claims and < 1 year driving...

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Oh, didn't realise Tesco with friendly with mods.

Thanks, will give them both a ring later. :)

im with quinn and have listed mods etc, it was the cheapest place i could find, but be ready with the lube cos young driver and mods, they're gonna bend u over...like me.

i was with direct line for 1200 quid (stnadars clio campus 1.2), but have a bodykit rims zorst and tints, so am with quinn and paying 1700quid with a silly interest rate on it. sux to be young lol

133, 182, Kangoo 182
im with quinn and have listed mods etc, it was the cheapest place i could find, but be ready with the lube cos young driver and mods, they're gonna bend u over...like me.

i was with direct line for 1200 quid (stnadars clio campus 1.2), but have a bodykit rims zorst and tints, so am with quinn and paying 1700quid with a silly interest rate on it. sux to be young lol
Still less than I pay! ;)

Will take a look at all of these. Some of them I've quoted with before but I'll check them over again - thanks.

yeah most of my quotes where coming out at about 3.2k adrian was close to 5k and i remember marks and spencer quoted me 11grand WTF (why even quote me for that whats the point?!?!). but quinn was cheapest by far, and i found ringing them instead of interent qoutes was the best way, i nealry sold my car beacuse i wasn't gonna be able to insure the mods legally (nealy brought a 1litre corsa lol), but just keep looking u will find somewhere!

P.S another place fo you to try is the NFU, national farmers union, a few of my mates are insured with them, and they are higly modified cars.

W

Willy

Quinn were w**ker than w**k when I got a quote from them.

Really? what did you get quoted?

just did a quick one now on a 1.2 clio with exhaust, suspension, air filter and alloys and got quouted about £150 extra so pretty decent! :D

Hope this helps

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Phoned Endsleigh and got quoted £4000 and something (fully comp), then put through to some other company who said I need to speak to another company who then needed to put me through to their main branch when I gave up. WTF!

Will give the others a go later... this really sucks.

Jesus... Quinn-Direct online quote: £5,735.71

-.-

Last edited:
  133, 182, Kangoo 182
Quinn-direct online quote: £5,735.71

(and the car value was set to £4000 with maybe £600 of mods)

By the looks of it I have no choice but to wait... :'(

Last edited:
im with norwich union. declared that i had lowered the car and i had to pay an extra 85 quid.
im 19 btw with 1 ncb paying 1008 fully comp:dapprove:
cheapest around as had a multi car bonus
direct line wanted a renewal of 3,500 :eek:

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
*Warning: Sensible older family man advice enclosed*

Drive your 1.2 for a couple of years, build up some NCD and some experience, then buy something quick or modified.

That way, you won't be paying £200 a month for insurance, money which could be put towards buying the next motor or a house.

CrispsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Tescos!? Are you joking? When I was 19 they wanted the insurance to go up the same price the mod cost... so for example I bought some 15s for my Corsa for £400, they wanted £400 more on insurance too :eek:

Adrian Flux are by far the best for mods... all covered from free in my experience, that's on a couple of different companies too!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Done online quotes from the rest of those suggested... These are the ones that would insure me.

Company | Cover | Annual Premium

Elephant | FC | £4283.45
Elephant | TPFT | £3474.95

Admiral | FC | £4091.30
Admiral | TPFT | £3331.10

Quinn | FC | £5,735.71
Quinn | TPFT | £2,339.28

My current premium is £1800 and something FC with no mods. :(