ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Young driver + mods. Any insurers?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Anbody have any experience with insurance companies that are "ok" with mods as a young driver?

I don't mind paying out a bit more to have mods, but I'm currently with Churchil (they were cheapest out of those I checked) and they don't allow mods.

Will be things like interior mods, exhaust, lowered and change of alloys... I'm 18 with 0 no claims and < 1 year driving...

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Oh, didn't realise Tesco with friendly with mods.

Thanks, will give them both a ring later. :)

im with quinn and have listed mods etc, it was the cheapest place i could find, but be ready with the lube cos young driver and mods, they're gonna bend u over...like me.

i was with direct line for 1200 quid (stnadars clio campus 1.2), but have a bodykit rims zorst and tints, so am with quinn and paying 1700quid with a silly interest rate on it. sux to be young lol

133, 182, Kangoo 182
im with quinn and have listed mods etc, it was the cheapest place i could find, but be ready with the lube cos young driver and mods, they're gonna bend u over...like me.

i was with direct line for 1200 quid (stnadars clio campus 1.2), but have a bodykit rims zorst and tints, so am with quinn and paying 1700quid with a silly interest rate on it. sux to be young lol
Still less than I pay! ;)

Will take a look at all of these. Some of them I've quoted with before but I'll check them over again - thanks.

yeah most of my quotes where coming out at about 3.2k adrian was close to 5k and i remember marks and spencer quoted me 11grand WTF (why even quote me for that whats the point?!?!). but quinn was cheapest by far, and i found ringing them instead of interent qoutes was the best way, i nealry sold my car beacuse i wasn't gonna be able to insure the mods legally (nealy brought a 1litre corsa lol), but just keep looking u will find somewhere!

P.S another place fo you to try is the NFU, national farmers union, a few of my mates are insured with them, and they are higly modified cars.

W

Willy

Quinn were w**ker than w**k when I got a quote from them.

Really? what did you get quoted?

just did a quick one now on a 1.2 clio with exhaust, suspension, air filter and alloys and got quouted about £150 extra so pretty decent! :D

Hope this helps

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Phoned Endsleigh and got quoted £4000 and something (fully comp), then put through to some other company who said I need to speak to another company who then needed to put me through to their main branch when I gave up. WTF!

Will give the others a go later... this really sucks.

Jesus... Quinn-Direct online quote: £5,735.71

-.-

Last edited:
  133, 182, Kangoo 182
Quinn-direct online quote: £5,735.71

(and the car value was set to £4000 with maybe £600 of mods)

By the looks of it I have no choice but to wait... :'(

Last edited:
im with norwich union. declared that i had lowered the car and i had to pay an extra 85 quid.
im 19 btw with 1 ncb paying 1008 fully comp:dapprove:
cheapest around as had a multi car bonus
direct line wanted a renewal of 3,500 :eek:

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
*Warning: Sensible older family man advice enclosed*

Drive your 1.2 for a couple of years, build up some NCD and some experience, then buy something quick or modified.

That way, you won't be paying £200 a month for insurance, money which could be put towards buying the next motor or a house.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Tescos!? Are you joking? When I was 19 they wanted the insurance to go up the same price the mod cost... so for example I bought some 15s for my Corsa for £400, they wanted £400 more on insurance too :eek:

Adrian Flux are by far the best for mods... all covered from free in my experience, that's on a couple of different companies too!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Done online quotes from the rest of those suggested... These are the ones that would insure me.

Company | Cover | Annual Premium

Elephant | FC | £4283.45
Elephant | TPFT | £3474.95

Admiral | FC | £4091.30
Admiral | TPFT | £3331.10

Quinn | FC | £5,735.71
Quinn | TPFT | £2,339.28

My current premium is £1800 and something FC with no mods. :(