ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

youngest 1*2 owner??

2001 Clio 1.4 Si
I don't know if this has been asked before but I was just wondering how old people on here were when they first got their sports? I am only 18 and cannot wait until after uni to buy a mint ph1! insurance is going to be an issue, i'm guessing? So I want to know who is the youngest 1*2 owner on here?!

Last edited by a moderator:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Jason is 12 IIRC but he has a 1.6 Clio GT
lol, but his isn't a proper RS

I got mine when I was 19, quite a few have bought them at 19 but think there have been some on here that got them at 17/18.

Edit: I only had 1 years ncb when i got mine but I think having 2 years driving experience helps with the quotes, it certainly dropped mine down.

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. Willy out and waving. 172's are cheap as chips now, the novelty of owning one at a young age is gone!

MG ZR 160 VVC
Its just the insurance (obvs). Im in the same position as you Scottie B, after uni can't wait to get a sport. Theres no point me getting one at the moment but in 3years time at 22/23yrs old with hopefully more no claims... good things come to those who wait ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Aye ,you'll spend more on insuring it than the car lol.

But @ 18 with 1 years bonus you could:

a) buy a 2000 ph1 172 and insure tpft for £3500
b) get a 2003 corsa sxi 1.2 and insure f/c for £3500

I know which i'd rather have :rasp:

2001 Clio 1.4 Si
But @ 18 with 1 years bonus you could:

a) buy a 2000 ph1 172 and insure tpft for £3500
b) get a 2003 corsa sxi 1.2 and insure f/c for £3500

I know which i'd rather have :rasp:

Hahaha your accuracy is impressive.. the kid next to me in my office (on a gap year at the moment before i go to uni) is also 18 and drives a corsa sxi 1.2 and is insured for £2700!!! I'm insured on a 1.4 Clio Si for just under £800! Now that probably sounds like millions to you lot but seriously hard to find anywhere cheaper. Think I'll just wait until after uni then to be honest. It would only get keyed if I left it out on the streets of Shottingham anyway :D

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Loads of youngsters have them now. They're the new Nova GTE.

Indeed! When i got mine it was only 2yrs old. Still quite a fresh hot hatch. Now there 10 and penny and driven by wee neds, or, folk that can JUST insure them but can't afford to run them. Que the CS meets in carparks!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol. Willy out and waving. 172's are cheap as chips now, the novelty of owning one at a young age is gone!

The cars maybe cheap, but you'll still have steaming friction burns from your ass when the insurance man delivers your premium....

Lube-option only apples when you're over 30, iirc. Or your post-code is on Lundy Island.

D.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I had mine when i was 17 on a company fleet policy.

f**k paying over £1k to insure something.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hahaha your accuracy is impressive.. the kid next to me in my office (on a gap year at the moment before i go to uni) is also 18 and drives a corsa sxi 1.2 and is insured for £2700!!! I'm insured on a 1.4 Clio Si for just under £800! Now that probably sounds like millions to you lot but seriously hard to find anywhere cheaper. Think I'll just wait until after uni then to be honest. It would only get keyed if I left it out on the streets of Shottingham anyway :D

PMSL. You learn well, young Yoda.....;)

D.

2001 Clio 1.4 Si
PMSL. You learn well, young Yoda.....;)

D.

Thought you would like that! I'll try my best from now on to speak english.

I wish my company did company insurance, but unfortunately they say get a private car and we'll pay your petrol or we'll give you a 1.2 Clio Mk3/Fiesta/Corsa.

I made my decision. :D

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thought you would like that! I'll try my best from now on to speak english.

I wish my company did company insurance, but unfortunately they say get a private car and we'll pay your petrol or we'll give you a 1.2 Clio Mk3/Fiesta/Corsa.

I made my decision. :D
I'd take the company fiesta personally, really like the new ones and miles better than a 1.4 clio.

2001 Clio 1.4 Si
I have clio addiction though :( Its my 3rd in a year. One wrecked :'(, one sold to be turned into a rally clio :), and my current one! Not a fan on the Fiesta, I don't really like any of the new hatchback shapes. Everything's getting too big and lumpy for my taste. Id rather have a Twingo!!

S3, HD Nightster
19. Cost me £1800. TPFT. Young and stupid. Don't regret it for a second however.

If you want an RS at that age just be prepared to bend over in front of insurance companies.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
I was 17 and i think i paid nearly 4k if im honest. Dont really remember.

I just know at the time i thought i was cool, now i just realise i was a total fool.

albi 197
21 had my 172, 23 got my 197. Insurance was reasonable, 172 was 600 quid fc, 197 is 700. 197 is more purely because some clown drove into my car and blamed me for it, had to settle for a 50/50.

182 S
Group policy insurance is what u want mate. at 19 had a golf v6 4motion - £685 f/c
at 20 had z4 3.0 smg - £600 f/c and now at 21 -supercharged 182 £490f/c :)

now excuse me whilst I put my c**k away

172 cup
got mine at 19, insurance was bad enough then , , ,

EDIT: or had I just turned 20, cant remember ha

320d
I got mine at 19. Insurance isnt that bad, consumables are a bit more than a non-rs but the running costs arn't that bad.

172's are dirt cheap now though, so i'd expect to see a lot more chaved up ones soon.